'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bunk ladder

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-13 9:15 AM
5 replies, 4271 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tigers1962
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-10-26 11:57 AM (#32343)
Subject: Bunk ladder

We have a 1998 Titan Classic II and are in desperate need of a ladder to aid in getting up into the bunk.  Beneath the bunk is a bench that goes the whole width of the trailer, which leaves no room to build permanent steps.  The bench is necessary for it houses the fresh water tank and battery.  The bench is padded on the back and seat.  I am only 5' 2.5" tall and it is impossible to climb into the bunk gracefully.  It would also be nice to have something to help get OUT of the bunk instead of slithering down onto the bench like a snake.  I know I have seen the ladders that attach to the wall and fold out, but it's been awhile and I don't remember where I've seen them or how they work.  If anyone has any suggestions, or has seen the wooden ladders, PLEASE respond.  I am 43 years old and have finished growing any taller so I need a ladder in order to get into the bunk! Thanks!

Edited by tigers1962 2005-10-26 12:02 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaintPony
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-10-26 12:04 PM (#32344 - in reply to #32343)
Subject: RE: Bunk ladder

Veteran

I bought one from Camping World that can be taken up and down. It's too narrow for my husband with his bad back to use though (and he's the one that needs help getting into the gooseneck). It's hanging in my shed now, email me for more details. I'll sell it for half what I paid for it.

check out www.campingworld.com and look for bunk ladders. don't remember the specifics on mine but can find out if your're interested. Just send me a private message.

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-10-26 2:29 PM (#32357 - in reply to #32344)

Extreme Veteran

I always thought this was a cool idea. If you or your husband is handy you can easily make one.
http://www.jnjconversions.com/photoalbum.asp?id=54444&page=1
Scroll down and click on the "flip-step".

Safe Riding,
Todd
tigers1962
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-10-26 2:59 PM (#32359 - in reply to #32357)

Originally written by maccwall on 2005-10-26 2:29 PM

I always thought this was a cool idea. If you or your husband is handy you can easily make one. http://www.jnjconversions.com/photoalbum.asp?id=54444&page=1 Scroll down and click on the "flip-step". Safe Riding, Todd

Thank you, this is the exact ladder I was trying to think of.  I remember looking at their site now.  Now that I've seen it, yes, my husband could make one, but the back cushion on our bench runs the whole width of the trailer.  The cushion does come off (to access the water tank and battery underneath), but with the ladder being permanently affixed the the wall under the gooseneck, we wouldn't be able to put the cushion back in it's place.  I suppose we could take the back cushion off of the seat cushion which may not be easy.  I just know we have to do something.  It's next to impossible for me to climb up into the bunk without making a show!

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-10-26 4:23 PM (#32367 - in reply to #32359)

Elite Veteran

I just bought a regular bunk bed ladder at a used furniture store. It can lean at an angle over the bench, mine cost almost nothing and I just lay it flat while traveling. Can be anchored with velcro straps if necessary. Love the ladder at jnj though-it's perfect!
WildEquine
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-13 9:15 AM (#32966 - in reply to #32343)

Does anyone happen to know if the "flip ladder" featured on the jnj site is sold anywhere? 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)