'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Securing "Dry Camp" Water Tank in Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-26 8:29 AM
1 replies, 2532 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

nuclearose
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-26 1:36 AM (#32328)
Subject: Securing "Dry Camp" Water Tank in Trailer

New User

Hello!  I'm looking for advice on how to install a dry camp water tank (it's a water tank that doubles as a saddle rack, for trailers that have the old style tack under manger configuration).  My trailer is an older Danish trailer (kinda like a Brenderup but made of light sheet metal instead of plastic) so I'm not sure how to secure it in the tack compartment so it doesn't slide around when I drive, I can't poke holes in the water tank, so how do I do this???

Thanks- I'm a total newb to this trailering thing!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-10-26 8:29 AM (#32333 - in reply to #32328)
Subject: RE: Securing "Dry Camp" Water Tank in Trailer

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by nuclearose on 2005-10-26 2:36 AM

Hello!  I'm looking for advice on how to install a dry camp water tank (it's a water tank that doubles as a saddle rack, for trailers that have the old style tack under manger configuration).  My trailer is an older Danish trailer (kinda like a Brenderup but made of light sheet metal instead of plastic) so I'm not sure how to secure it in the tack compartment so it doesn't slide around when I drive, I can't poke holes in the water tank, so how do I do this???

Thanks- I'm a total newb to this trailering thing!

Honestly - just fill it with water - it will not go anywhere - If you brake hard enough to move it then the least of your worries will be the water tank. If you are still concerned about sliding just get some rubber matter to put under it - it will not slide on the matting.

I've just have light tuberware containers in my dreesing room on the floor and even they do move move around on the slippery floor.

Edited by MBRA518 2005-10-26 8:31 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)