'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
covering horsetrailer for the winter...yes or no??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-26 3:53 PM
4 replies, 3160 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Ruth
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-25 9:18 PM (#32319)
Subject: covering horsetrailer for the winter...yes or no??

We invested in our first new living quarter/horse trailer this year. We are wondering where to get a canvas cover or even if it is a good decision to cover it or not. Any feedback would be appreciated. Ruth
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-25 11:19 PM (#32326 - in reply to #32319)
Subject: RE: covering horsetrailer for the winter...yes or no??

Expert

Welcome to the forum.  I would not recommend a cover.  It's a pain to put on and a pain to take off.

It's a pain to the paint and finish of your trailer.  The only cover I would recommend is a shed.  Doesn't have to be pretty, just something to keep most of the weather and sun off you new trailer.

We use an old tobacco barn for our truck & trailer.  Works for us.

j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-26 6:18 AM (#32330 - in reply to #32319)
Subject: Merhow LQ trailers

Veteran

We had a cover custom made for our 3-horse Bison LQ. It is breathable and water proof and fits like a glove. Zippered doors for access. Well worth the price, although we now have a large machine shed to park in and don't need the cover (It is for sale)! We found it was not a pain to put on or take off, although we just did it for winter storage.

Judy
krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-26 12:31 PM (#32346 - in reply to #32326)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by hosspuller on 2005-10-25 8:19 PM

Welcome to the forum.  I would not recommend a cover.  It's a pain to put on and a pain to take off.

It's a pain to the paint and finish of your trailer.  The only cover I would recommend is a shed.  Doesn't have to be pretty, just something to keep most of the weather and sun off you new trailer. 

I agree. The only time I would use a cover (not a shed) is when I already have a leak. And I would cover it until it was in getting fixed. I have never covered any of mine. They are out in the elements too.

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-26 3:53 PM (#32363 - in reply to #32319)

Extreme Veteran

Have you looked into having it stored somewhere? Fairgrounds maybe or any farms that have room in their barns? Unless you are planning on using the trailer once in awhile during the winter, storing it somewhere sure is nice. Mine is going into storage here soon. We are very fortuneate to have a large barn we use for winter/summer storage. Winters are crap here in NE Michigan so it is nice to put farm equipment away from the elements.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)