'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer ramp rubber mat

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-24 11:14 AM
2 replies, 4973 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MCPMalachi
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-10-20 5:26 PM (#32075)
Subject: trailer ramp rubber mat

Where is the best place to purchase a replacement rubber mat for my trailer ramp? I love my current one, as it's very slip resistant. It is original to my '94 Trail-Et New Yorker. My local dealer is not reliable, so I was hoping to avoid involving them in my search. I do have a local Redneck Trailer Supply, and my husband can purchase their products thru his boss. Any to especially avoid?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-10-23 10:21 AM (#32184 - in reply to #32075)
Subject: RE: trailer ramp rubber mat

Extreme Veteran

I think Redneck would be the best place to order the ramping material.  My old trailer had the slippery stuff and I had problems when it rained.  I went around at horse shows and looked at ramp materials until I could find one that was not slippery.  I called the trailer manufacturer and ordered it from them.  I couldn't buy from Redneck since I didn't have a wholesale license.  I got the material for two trailers and I think it was about 100 bucks for both of them.

Jbsny

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-24 11:14 AM (#32224 - in reply to #32184)
Subject: RE: trailer ramp rubber mat

Expert

Originally written by Jbsny on 2005-10-23 10:21 AM

I think Redneck would be the best place to order the ramping material. My old trailer had the slippery stuff and I had problems when it rained. I went around at horse shows and looked at ramp materials until I could find one that was not slippery. I called the trailer manufacturer and ordered it from them. I couldn't buy from Redneck since I didn't have a wholesale license. I got the material for two trailers and I think it was about 100 bucks for both of them.

Jbsny

2'nd the "contact a trailer manufacturer" suggestion.
I had thought that 4-Star had the best non slip ramp mat, but had to admit that the tread pattern retaines a lot of tiny bits of grass. The Jamco one is smoothe and for a while I would fuss to keep it dry by keeping it closed onm rainy days until the last second. It has turned out to be even more slip resistant than the 4-Star one, even when wet, but is a lot easier to clean.

So, if you find out who supplies Jamco, please publish contact info here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)