'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
3h straight load

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-18 5:50 PM
4 replies, 4431 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

endurancerider
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-08 9:28 PM (#31483)
Subject: 3h straight load

New User

Hi,

I am wondering if any trailer manufacturer still makes 3 horse straight load trailers. I am researching trailers and am thinking about a 3 horse straight load (3 horses loaded side by side facing forward) with a mid-tack (with access to the horses) and living quarters. I also want removable stud dividers so I can make a double-wide stall if hauling a large horse. Anybody know who might make such a trailer?

EquiSpirit makes a 3H trailer with 2 horses straight-loaded and one slant-loaded in front of the other 2, but I'm looking for 3 horses straight across a full-width trailer.

I've seen pictures of them; most recently in a horse magazine, but it was just a photo accompanying the article, but it was definitely a 3 horse side by side. Couldn't tell who made it though.

For large horses, the stalls probably wouldn't be wide enough, but for smaller horses such as I prefer, they would be. Also, with removeable dividers, one could make a double wide stall for the occasional large horse.

Thanks for any info,
April

Edited by endurancerider 2005-10-08 9:32 PM

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigT
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-09 8:35 AM (#31488 - in reply to #31483)
Subject: RE: 3h straight load

Extreme Veteran

I think Merhow years ago made a three horse side by side. If you are going to have one built, and want a mid tack with living quarters, I would have the axles out of the horse area, the perfect place for the back axle would be under the manger. This would let you have full use of a 8' trailer for three horses abreast. The same configuration that the big semis use.

As to your interest in the possibility of converting the three horse to a two horse. I believe that it would be very hard to do, as with a three horse you would have two doors in the rear, one for one horse, and another for the other two horses. They would have a support for the divider, and when you would change configurations the support and the doors would have to be changed.

Possible yes, expensive and time consuming yes.

Badger
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-10-10 10:29 AM (#31518 - in reply to #31483)

Regular

Happy Trails has some in their custom gallery and would work with you and Hawk and build to suit. With Hawk's divider set-up, there is no rear post so they will be able to make a trailer that converts from three abreast to two.

http://www.happytrailstrailers.com/

Here is the link to the three-abreast model. It does convert to a two-horse:
http://www.happytrailstrailers.com/custom/gallery_108.htm

Edited by Badger 2005-10-10 10:35 AM
ponygirl17
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-18 4:01 PM (#31949 - in reply to #31483)

New User

we actually have a 3 horse side by side bumper pull with a walk in front tack room.  it is really neat. and you can move the dividers around if you want to haul mares/foals; you can haul 2 mares with foals this way.  it has a manger in front of the horses, allowing saddle storage out of the way in the tack room.  it also has a ramp.  im not sure how old it is, but it is aliminum skin with steel frame.  it also has a ramp on the back.  we have had the trailer for about 10 years now.  it was actually made by a man that worked in an airstream factory building campers.  we have enjoyed it over the years, and keep it around for now as a back up trailer.   
RichB
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-18 5:50 PM (#31961 - in reply to #31483)

Extreme Veteran

After a lot of consideration and shopping around this is the configuration my wife and I decided on. It is a GN, 3h straight load plus 1 or you can make 2 box stalls, 8' wide.  Box length is about 22'.   I need it to haul mares and foals.  I just want a 4' dressing room to keep the trailer shorter. I found a Sundowner that I like, Sundowner, Feartherlite and 4-Star seem to have the most 2+ straight load trailers available.  Most have to be ordered though. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)