'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What happened to american spirit

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-29 1:47 AM
7 replies, 13579 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mi-farmer
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-10-07 11:54 PM (#31433)
Subject: What happened to american spirit

We have been looking at american spirits for the last year.  I,m wondering what has happened there. we just saw 1 of the new ones and were wondering if the conversions they used to have are no longer availiable. they seem to have been downgraded or cheepend. maybe we should go with the elites or platnums we have seen that are better (it seems) in quality and workmanship?...It cant be the same company making these trailers. anyone know?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
figero
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-10-08 2:35 PM (#31473 - in reply to #31433)
Subject: RE: What happened to american spirit

Regular

I don't know much about the history of american spirit trailers. I saw a couple of them at congress this week and talked with the salesman (Hargus).  I was impressed with the quality of the trailer and the conversion.  He told me that they use a conversion company (country design) because they felt that It gave them the most bang for the buck. He told me about the improvments in the trailer. I looked at a lot of trailers when I was there. My wife and I will go to the auction next saturday.  If they make a good trade on my trailer I will probably pull an american spirit home (hopefully with my new horse in it) . It was the best value I could find. I would have to agree there are better trailers ( I don't know about how much better) but when it comes down to it, I'm not made of money.
efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-10-09 8:29 AM (#31487 - in reply to #31433)

Elite Veteran

Mi-Farmer,

Answer me this, do you still like the trailers, just not the LQ? If so, tell them you want your LQ done by the old company, or buy a shell and have it done. In case you are wondering the old LQ Company is LSR which stands for Lewis and Sherry Ragland. Family owned and operated. Nice lq's, as I have one that they custom did for an insurance claim this year. Contact them, it's easy.

http://www.lsrconversions.com/

inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-10-10 4:29 AM (#31506 - in reply to #31433)

Veteran

I have a AS that has the LQ done by LSR and I love it. I've had alot a people look at it (that have other brands of trailers-so called higher end) and say that they wish theirs was like mine. Very nice. No wasted space.
haul_n_horses
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-10-11 6:51 AM (#31564 - in reply to #31506)

Regular

Hello all,

Here is what happened to American Spirit:

Nothing other than Thames Goon no longer owns it.  Now by him no longer being here DID NOT hinder our trailers in any way wether it be by quality or any other means.  Believe me if what my father and I perceived as a great trailer was changed or compromised in any way I would more than likely not continue to be part of the company, but the trailer is still a well built, well priced, high quality trailer that I am proud to be a part of.  Therefore, the only difference between the trailer today and the trailer from yesterday is as stated above "The Living Quarter".  The way we set them up is we build the shells and the 'Dealer' now has the say so on what LQ goes into their trailer.  The reason you are seeing more of our trailers with the Country Design LQ's in it now is for the reason it is less expensive for the dealers (Not a cheaper LQ in quality just less expensive in price) so they can offer our trailers at a lower price.  There is still no reason you can not ask for a LSR, LER, Country Design etc. LQ if they offer exactly what you are looking for.   I personally work very well and closely with each of these and I can tell you they can and will do just about any kind of LQ you would like.  We tried this route to try to please as many customers and dealers as we could. 

But here is how it brings up questions.  The trailer is still a well built trailer but the dealer/customer chooses to go with the lesser expensive LQ to fit in their budget and when compared (in this case) to the work that LSR did for us for the Hoosier Horse Fair is clearly not the same.  So please don't think that anything is different with the company is just that you now have more choices.  Don't you love choices

Well there's that, now who all is going to be at Congress this weekend?  I'll be there Sat. and Sun. I will just be trolling around with the Wife.  Hope you all enjoy your selves and eat a pecan roll for me too.

Note: Man I love those things!  I bet I can eat more than Mr. Truck  the gauntlet is thrown.  

mi-farmer
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-10-11 9:23 PM (#31609 - in reply to #31433)

ok...we saw the one we liked at indy show. Pretty sure it was an LSR conversion...Just dont understand why a cheeper one was put in congress show (a bigger show).   Glad to know that qualitity is still availiable, but have some questions as to why???  Saw some really nice units there that kinda changed my mind from what i saw at indy...i can't imagine why (CHEEP) is the way to go. Saw a K/B outside the show  (not cheep) that hubby is tryin to make a deal on. Got my fingers crossed.....
lemannaide
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-27 4:01 PM (#33474 - in reply to #31506)
Subject: American Spirit and its conversion

How do you like your AS and when did you get it.  What is the difference between the LSR conversion and the one they use now, Country Conversions.  I loved the Country Conversion at congress and the storage and closet space was fantastic.  I loved the woodwork and the softwalls, but I am willing to be open minded if you can tell me more about yours. 

inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-11-29 1:47 AM (#33547 - in reply to #31433)

Veteran

I got mine in May 05. Ordered it in March 05. I haven't seen the CC interiors so can't comment on them. I have a LOT of storage space, no wasted space. Laid out very well. I have a 12sh, the fridge is behind the stove and sink so all I have to do is turn around to get things out if I'm cooking. I opted not to get the soft touch wall/ceiling as I have friends that have kids that will be in trailer. Owner of co. talked to me and I asked how it would be repaired if it got a hole in it. You have to replace the whole thing, as its not is sections. My wall color looks like the soft touch and some people think it is till they touch it. I have alot of storage in my bath too. What else do you want to know? you can post me personaly if you want. I have dealt with the owner of LSR personally also. VERY helpful
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)