'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
rear tack

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-12 12:11 PM
9 replies, 5095 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cricket
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-10-05 11:37 AM (#31342)
Subject: rear tack

I have a 3h Exiss with rear tack. Is there anyway to convert the saddle racks and have the swing out type instead of a stationary type? Also any ideas on installing holding tanks under the trailer. I have city hookup W/E but I rough camp also  and would like to upgrade it.There doesn't look to be very much space under there.  Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-10-06 7:01 AM (#31349 - in reply to #31342)
Subject: RE: rear tack

Veteran

I ask this question awhile back - with no responses. If you find an answer off site -- please post here too!

Barry
Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-10-06 9:10 AM (#31352 - in reply to #31342)

Veteran

I think you will have to measure and see if your rear tack has enough clearance for the rack to be located on the exterior wall to the left and be able to swing to the front. If so, a good welder could convert it. I would also call a few manufacturers who sell trailers with the swing out rack (Exiss might even make one that you could order) and have it converted. It might be cheaper to buy the rack and just have someone install it. I know my trailer comes with the removeable rack attached at the back but they offer a swing out rack as an option.
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-10-06 10:39 AM (#31354 - in reply to #31342)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by Cricket on 2005-10-05 11:37 AM

I have a 3h Exiss with rear tack. Is there anyway to convert the saddle racks and have the swing out type instead of a stationary type? Also any ideas on installing holding tanks under the trailer. I have city hookup W/E but I rough camp also  and would like to upgrade it.There doesn't look to be very much space under there.  Thanks!

Several years back I had an Exiss 3H and installed a gray water holding tank. You can order holding tanks from a RV store. Measure between the beams and the depth of the beam and then order the size tank that fits. I secured by the holding tank with both metal screws and metal straps and never had any problems with it. I used a couple of cider blocks & boards to hold it up while I was attaching it. I drilled the hold thru the floor of the trailer first, after careful measuring, and placement of the shower pan, and then the hole into the tank after the tank was attached to the floor from inside the trailer. It turned out pretty nice. Wish I had pictures of the conversion I did.

-Betty

jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-10-09 5:09 PM (#31499 - in reply to #31342)

Elite Veteran

I had an Exiss "Sport" model. I contacted my dealer too because I wanted a swing out saddle rack installed in my rear-tack.At this moment in time "Exiss" does not have the drawings for a swing out saddle rack! This was a major inconveniance for me! I thought about doing it myself after contacting a couple other trailer dealers on prices of installing one for me.How about putting 3 saddle racks on the tack door? The tack door swings out, there's your swing out saddle rack. I use the first stall for storage, and thought of doing this on the escape door as well. Good luck!
packerpete
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-10-11 12:41 PM (#31582 - in reply to #31342)

Veteran

Another option to consider is that "Event" model Exiss trailer have a slide out saddle rack. I would imagine that the pole on the "Event" and "Sport" models might be similar. Perhaps you could order the slide out racks to fit your current pole. Maybe that would meet your needs. It might not give quite as much access as the swing out racks, but it might be a whole lot more inexpensive!
pegasus
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-10-11 3:30 PM (#31587 - in reply to #31342)

Regular

don't know about the conversion process but I do know I wish my swing-out saddle rack faced straight out instead of sideways. I can't take off or put back a saddle unless it IS swung out and with a straight-facing one you can. The swing-out function is useful for getting to the space behind if you need a water tank, which mine has. Swinging the sideways rack out always hangs the pad edges up on the bridles, halters, etc hanging on the hooks and since the wind is always blowing here, I fight that too. Straight or side facing....something to consider. Wish I could change mine.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-10-11 11:18 PM (#31614 - in reply to #31582)

Elite Veteran

Hi there Packerpete!I considered having Exiss install the slider-racks but the slider rack post is different than that of the stationary one. Exiss would have had to replace the bracket in the floor,etc. The quote I got from Exiss to do this equaled the quote on a swing out saddle rack installation from another trailer manufacturer.I wanted the whole thing to swing out of the way without having to remove averything piece by piece like I ended up doing once with a new filly that refused to back out. It took me something like 20 minutes to do this!I was too frustrated and tired to work the filly after that episode.Also, my folding rear wall was a pain to move. no more rear-tack for me!
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-10-12 7:41 AM (#31620 - in reply to #31342)
Subject: rear tack

Veteran

Here is a link that I found for a slide out rack.
http://www.tackinthebox.com/stablewares/Tack_room/ST185_200.htm

I think this could be added the the "post" I currently have or maybe I could build one????

AttractedCentaur
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-12 12:11 PM (#31631 - in reply to #31620)

From the picture, it looks like you can build it or something similiar from square tubbing - provided you know how to weld. I think I will use something similiar in my trailer I am working on.

Barry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)