'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2 horse CM endurance

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-04 10:25 PM
3 replies, 3110 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Ramalone
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-03 3:31 PM (#31273)
Subject: 2 horse CM endurance

I have a 2-h circuit champ and was thinking about trading it for a 2-h endurance. I like the tack area is easier to get to, without having to lean in and taking a chance of hitting your head like with the circuit champ..Does anyone have an endurance? What would be the pros and cons of this trailer? And I was wanting a taller trailer? Been thinking about this for a while..I have gone through 3 trailers in the last 4yrs, I haven't found one that  I just actually really like. Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
frogblossum
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-10-03 7:59 PM (#31284 - in reply to #31273)
Subject: RE: 2 horse CM endurance

We had an endurance and it was great - except that the hay from the feed area got all over our saddles and tack.  And if we went through a rain it got a little wet in the tack area, especially on the floor.  But that was the only draw back.  It pulled really well and our horses hopped right in every time!  The gates between the tack area and the horse compartments were nice too. 

We've moved on to an aluminum Cimarron with an enclosed tack room and we'll never lQQk back!  If I didn't want to spend the money on aluminum, I'd look at a slant CM with the enclosed tack room.  Here are some examples: http://www.burkhaltertrailers.com/cm-hs-bp.htm

Just my experience....good luck!

Edited by frogblossum 2005-10-03 8:06 PM
Ramalone
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 9:00 AM (#31296 - in reply to #31284)

So what was the reason you sold your endurance? I just wonder if I would like better than the circuit champ..I only haul one horse and just haul short distance,don't need a lot of trailer..Thanks
frogblossum
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 10:25 PM (#31329 - in reply to #31273)

Mostly we sold it because we live on the coast and the salt water termites (rust) will chew up a steel trailer pretty fast.  Our barn wasn't tall enough for it to fit in and it was either spend the extra money on a trailer stall - or just get aluminum and forget the cover. 

The trailer was very comfortable to pull - didn't bump the truck around a lot.

The hay in the tack area was a big issue though.  Even after a short hall, it was a mess if we put hay in the manger. 

Also, unless you rigged a system, there was no way to lock tack in the tack room.  There are 3 ways in the tack room.  The front of the trailer and the two doors from the horse compartments. 

We didn't realize how much of a pain the tack area was until we got a trailer with the separate tack area.  It was soooo much easier to take care of.  Other than the above, the trailer was great.  And as I said before, the horses didn't mind the ride at all!

But again, that's just my experience.  Good luck!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)