'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer shopping

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-04 3:40 PM
9 replies, 3467 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

chd
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-03 12:26 PM (#31260)
Subject: trailer shopping

Hi,

I am starting to look for a 2-3 horse trailer with small living qtrs.  I am probably going to get a used one due to my price range of low 20's.   Does anyone know if trailer dealers get more used inventory after the Congress?  I figure most likely buying from a dealer b/c I will need to finance the trailer.  I wasnt sure if I should go ahead and contact a few dealers to let them know what I am looking for or not?  Any insight would be great!  Thanks.........Candace

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-10-03 1:33 PM (#31263 - in reply to #31260)
Subject: RE: trailer shopping

Expert

I was also looking for a used LQ trailer and I found by searching this site. I'd call local dealers and let them know what you are looking for and what our price range is otherwise they will be wasting your time, and theirs, bringing up trailers you can't afford anyway. I don't know what the used inventory is after Congress however dealers are more likely to call you if they know what your looking for.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-03 3:16 PM (#31271 - in reply to #31260)

Expert

AFter Congress and World...lots of folks trade in during those shows
pegasus
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 9:40 AM (#31301 - in reply to #31260)

Regular

hi and welcome to the forum. it's a good place to learn and share. I encourage you to make a spec sheet of what you want, lising "must haves" and "wants", make copies of it and review against the trailers listed on this site that fit your list best. It IS possible to find a great 3 horse with LQ for your budget of low 20s. I was looking with a smaller budget than that last winter and found one with even more features and in my price range. The trailer kept coming to the top of my list even though it was the furthest away and I was hesitant about that. The dealer was great to work with, he e-mailed probably 40 photos and when I called he walked through and around the trailer with his cell phone, while I asked questions about EVERYTHING. I split the delivery distance and met the dealer, who went over the trailer to make sure I understood how everything worked. The trailer is 5 years old by date, but had hardly been used at all. No wear marks and the sticker was still on the shower floor! Good luck looking, be patient and you'll find the one.
chd
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 10:19 AM (#31304 - in reply to #31260)

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE. I am sure it will take a while to find what I am looking for.  The main thing is I dont think I can buy one that i have not seen in person. 
krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-10-04 10:39 AM (#31306 - in reply to #31304)

Elite Veteran

You CAN get your own financing whether you are buying from a dealer or private party. When I was looking at trailers, I went and got pre approved thru my bank. I had 60 days to find a trailer that I wanted in order use the loan I had set up. If I didn't find one within 60 days, no big deal. We would just have to redo the loan documents. I even got a WAY better interest rate going thru my own bank. Most of these dealerships go thru 1 bank (their own) and many lending companies, like American General. Since I was already an established customer with my bank, they even gave me a discount on the rate, as well as another one to have auto payment thru my checking account with them. I would definately check with your bank first. In my case, going thru the dealership meant and interest rate of 12%-29%. My bank gave it to me for 7.5%. and the payments were $75-$150 a month cheaper.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-10-04 11:09 AM (#31310 - in reply to #31260)

Expert

I bought my trailer and didn't actually see it- the dealer sent me pictures and delivered for free. They also did my fnancing and the interest rate was better than my local banks- so it cna be done through a dealer just know how much before signing anything.
chd
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 11:20 AM (#31312 - in reply to #31310)

When yop bought your trailer was it brand new, did you see one like it beforehand?  That makes me nervous to not see the actual trailer 1st, but i guess I am more of a worrier and stuff!!  I hate to make the wrong decision.  Thanks for the advice, i guess ill check all of my financing options before i make a commitment.  thanks again

pegasus
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 2:22 PM (#31316 - in reply to #31260)

Regular

you have to do what you're comfortable with, but I'm pretty sure no one could have been more apprehensive about buying an unseen trailer than I. The folks at Leonard Truck & Trailer in North Jackson, Ohio went several extra miles to reassure me that the trailer I saw in the photos would meet or exceed my expectations and they were right. They took the time to answer questions, send more photos and walk me through the process. Dealers really can't afford to do less because WE ALL talk to each other here on this forum and they know it!! A dealer that won't take your 5th or 6th phone call with more questions doesn't deserve your business.

chd
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-04 3:40 PM (#31318 - in reply to #31260)

I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY.  I AM REALLY GOING TO LOOK AT THE CONGRESS JUST TO SEE THE 2 OR 3 DIFFERNT BRANDS I AM WANTING AND I GUESS ATLEAST I SHOULD HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT ONE WOULD LIKE, ETC.  GEEZ, ITS SO HARD!!!  tHANKS FOR ALL THE INFO & REASSURANCE
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)