'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Best Quality LQ/Best warranty

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-30 9:31 AM
9 replies, 4019 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

OAKRUNFARM
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-29 8:25 AM (#31108)
Subject: Best Quality LQ/Best warranty

Hello all! Could I get opinions on what brand makes the best quality LQ trailer for both the living area and the horse portion?

I don't care about tile and granite and fancy lighting and flat-screen TV's. I just want a trailer which will haul my horses down the road safely and give me a non-cheapie living experience. (No plywood, DIY or fly-by-night LQ installers.)

We currently have a 10' sw Sundowner which we have been extremely pleased with. Almost 11 years and very little trouble with it. I am leaning toward another Sundowner with minimal frills unless I can find something better. We had a 4 Star years ago, and it was great, but I have heard from several sources that their quality has gone way downhill.

I'd like 8' wide, at least 7' 6" tall (preferably 8' tall) and a 12' to 14' LQ.

Thanks for any help and input!

P.S. Salespeople, please don't e-mail me. Thank you!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-09-29 10:14 AM (#31111 - in reply to #31108)
Subject: RE: Best Quality LQ/Best warranty

Extreme Veteran

In today's market, most of your trailers are separate from the LQ.  For instance, we have a C&C horse trailer.  The trailer was then taken to Showtime Conversions to have the LQ installed.  I have seen 4 Star trailers that have a Showtime LQ in it as well.  In many cases, the trailer has a separate warranty from the company that does the LQ.  I have looked at several different conversions over the past few years.  I have been really impressed with Outlaw Conversions.  It is all a matter of taste and price.  The LQ conversion can be a big factor in the final price of the trailer. 
OAKRUNFARM
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-29 10:48 AM (#31115 - in reply to #31108)

Thanks!

I have actually been looking at the C&C (short list is Bloomer, C&C, Elite and Sundowner) and like what I see.

Outlaw does seem to be the conv. co. that most people agree is the best/one of the best.

I just want to make sure that what my research is showing is correct is complete.  It seems like people are really going for some of the fancy interiors, and that does increase the price very fast.

My husband won't allow me to go too overboard!

robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-09-29 11:53 AM (#31121 - in reply to #31108)

Extreme Veteran

We really like our Showtime LQ.  It is nice quality at a good price compared to others.  We have not had any troubles with ours and have had it close to two years now. 
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-09-29 11:54 AM (#31122 - in reply to #31108)

Extreme Veteran

I have a CM (home done LQ) and love it - I find the quality great - well of the trailer anyway (LOL - the rest is my handiwork). When my mother was looking she also liked the CM but bought a Hart (almost identical construction) because it had the Outlaw LQ in it. She loves her trailer and the LQ is VERY nice.

HaulinHorses
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-09-29 12:04 PM (#31123 - in reply to #31108)

Regular

Price a JAG custom conversion, they have all of the qualities you want and come with a lifetime warranty!  JAG is owned by Trailer Depot in OKC and Shawnee, OK
SandyC
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-09-29 4:44 PM (#31132 - in reply to #31108)

I have a Featherlite trailer and I LOVE it!!! Not exactly sure what the conversion pkg is but the trailer is outstanding!
BerlinRoque'
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-29 10:41 PM (#31155 - in reply to #31108)

there are lots of quality LQ conversion companies.  Most seem to do anything you want.  If you don't go thru a dealer you will pay more....just a thought if you were thinking of going to an LQ place as a walkin...in fact many won't do walkins because it is in direct competition with the dealers.

there are some really cheap ones too...I think most have 2 yr warranties.  If JAG has a lifetime I'd want to know just what that covers...and if you can get that fixed anywhere....

Hart is still a good trailer BTW...maybe better than a new Sundowner....JMO.  Lots of the old name trailers have had to stay competetive and you know what that means.  I believe you can no longer go by the logo....that doesn't make the trailer...sorta like color doesn't make the horse.

JMO   

rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2005-09-29 11:34 PM (#31157 - in reply to #31108)

Extreme Veteran

We searched long and hard for our trailer. We finally chose a CM Norstar (now called Cimarron)

As far as LQ, we found that Whinny Cargo in Ozark Missouri to be unbeatable. Their work is top quality, and they are the best people you will meet.

http://www.whinnycargo.com/

diamond_j
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-30 9:31 AM (#31171 - in reply to #31108)

Regular

I hope this isn't out of line, but my husband and I also own a LQ conversion company/trailer dealership. You've gotten some great recommendations and I wouldn't have anything negative to say about any of them.

I'd suggest looking at the style of the conversion company. Some tend toward fancy, some toward rustic, some toward cowboy. If you really love the style of work they are doing, you'll probably be happy with what they do for you.

Also, I don't think stand alone conversion companies are necessarily higher. While they can be if you go with a lot of custom options, they also can work with you so that you are spending your money on the things that are most important to you.

An advantage of a buying your trailer & conversion in one place, is that you may be able to get more LQ options. If we order a trailer, we order window and door placement to the inch. That really makes a lot of difference when it comes to the efficiency of the layout. In our situation, that also enables us to give a discount on the LQ, because it will move through our shop faster because the guys are familiar with how everything should go together.

I'd be happy to go on and on with my opinions, but I'll leave it at that. 61

Feel free to PM with any questions you might have (whether or not you're considering our company)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)