'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
pony Parties

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-12 1:05 PM
3 replies, 3656 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

maeclara
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-09-26 3:28 PM (#31001)
Subject: pony Parties

SO a friend off mine borrowed my pony for their neices birhtday and was awesome, so my thing is I want to start doing pony parties with her, the thing is I called my insurance company today, and after some research they said there was no market out there for it, whether there is no need for it or the insurance companies won't take a risk, does anybody do pony parties and what do they do about insurance and so on
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-09-28 10:34 AM (#31080 - in reply to #31001)
Subject: RE: pony Parties

Extreme Veteran

I used to be in the insurance business and wrote all types of risks including pony rides.  There are several stipulations that you have to follow.  There are companies that will write this risk.  You simply have to find an independent agent that is willing to take the time to find a market.  Typically, these policies do not pay large commissions to the agents.  Therefore they are not inclined to take the time to work on it.  I have been out of the business for about two years now and cannot think of the company that used to write for me.  I would not operate a pony ride unless I had the insurance.  I have seen people lose everything in law suits where they had no liability coverage.  I will try to see if I can find the name of the company for you.
maeclara
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-09-28 5:42 PM (#31099 - in reply to #31001)

Thank you I would really appreciate any information.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-10-12 1:05 PM (#31632 - in reply to #31001)

Extreme Veteran

I checked with the company that I used to write this business in TN and they are not admitted in the state of New York.  Your best bet is to go through an independent insurance agency that has a wide variety of markets (insurance companies) that are available to write this type of business through.  I would start there and if that does not work, contact the your department of commerce and insurance in the state and search for companies admitted to do specialty lines of business that include pony rides. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)