'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Can't install a gooseneck hitch on Silverado ???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-07 4:58 PM
3 replies, 3167 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-09-19 2:53 PM (#30631)
Subject: Can't install a gooseneck hitch on Silverado ???

Veteran

I have a Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton Step Side and I went last week to have a gooseneck hitch installed before my new trailer arrives in a couple of weeks. I was told by 2 different places that they could not install a gooseneck hitch on my truck because the fuel tank and fuel pump were located below the truck bed. The third place I went said it was no problem and they could attach the hitch to the frame at the sides of the bed. Anybody heard of this and is this a good option?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
santelikk
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-09-19 3:55 PM (#30633 - in reply to #30631)
Subject: RE: Can't install a gooseneck hitch on Silverado ???

Regular

I installed myself a Gooseneck on my 1/2 GMC Sierra 02.  It took a couple hours and I used this type of hitch.  Two brackets attatch to the frame.  The rails are bolted through the bed to the brackets and avoid the gas tank and fuel pump.  So far I have had no problems with this hitch.  It is more expensive than the type that have the rails under the be and the hitch ball pops through the bed.  But the nice thing is that as long as GM does not change the frame type I could take this hitch off and put it on a 3/4 or 1 ton truck depending on what is in my future.

http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code=50041

http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code=6002

JebStuart
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-07 4:35 PM (#31419 - in reply to #30631)

New User

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado that I had a gooseneck hitch put on this past summer. Works great. They can do it!
qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-10-07 4:58 PM (#31420 - in reply to #31419)

Veteran

Originally written by JebStuart on 2005-10-07 5:35 PM

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado that I had a gooseneck hitch put on this past summer. Works great. They can do it!

I also have a 2002 chevy silverado... but I think the issue this person is having is that it actually is a side step, which makes the frame a little different.  I would ask around some more! 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)