'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
wiring for LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-19 8:25 PM
2 replies, 2711 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lea Anne
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-09-18 7:26 PM (#30574)
Subject: wiring for LQ

Veteran

Does anyone know how the RV lite switches work?

I am DIYer and I have door switches for the lites.  Does it take just one wire?  Does anyone have a picture of how the wire goes into those switches?

Thanks,

Lea Anne

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-09-18 8:51 PM (#30583 - in reply to #30574)
Subject: RE: wiring for LQ

Veteran

Can you explain what type of switch you are using...not sure what you mean by how the wire goes to the switch. 

As far at hooking up a 12volt light, normally the trailer frame is used for the return or ground.  The 12 volt positive wire from the + post on the battery is ran to the switch using 1 wire, then from the switch to the light using 1 wire.  At the light, you connect the 12 volt + wire from your switch to the light, usually the red wire sometimes the black depending on the light.  This would be the wire that goes to the center pin on the lightbulb.  Some light fixtures have another wire for the ground, connect this to the trailer frame close to or behind the fixture, other fixtures have the common as part of the metal frame and this must be electrically connected to the frame using metal screws or the like.

Most 12 volt connections are made using stranded 12awg or 14 awg wire and use crimp connectors spade lugs etc available from any auto parts store.  Hope this helps.  Marty.

Lea Anne
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-09-19 8:25 PM (#30645 - in reply to #30574)
Subject: RE: wiring for LQ

Veteran

Marty,

Thanks for the response.  Sorry I didn't make myself clear.  I have a switch to turn on my 12 volt ceiling lite, which I will mount beside the door.  I was trying to figure out if I need to run two wires to that switch.  I talked to someone today and I think I run a wire from the light to the switch and then a wire from the switch back to the power converter.  I also didn't know how to hook the wire up to the lite switch, but I found some male adapters that I believe I'm supposed to use.  My X did that kind of stuff and I'm trying to figure it out now.  He got the toys, but I got the land and I'm starting over again, building my own LQ.

Thanks

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)