'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adam Horse Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-24 7:53 AM
17 replies, 5581 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2005-09-18 3:23 PM (#30566)
Subject: Adam Horse Trailers

A few months ago we purchased a brand new all aluminum Adam Horse Trailer.  Ours has the mangers, 3 horse, 8 ft. shortwall, 8 ft. wide, 7'9 tall, and custom interior to my specs (leather walls and such). 

We have owned an Exiss 313LQ, Exiss 310LQ,Featherlite and a Bison with a slide out (poorly made trailer that we owned for 4 days!!).  The Adam trailer is built so well and solid.  The floor beams are side by side and every one of the beams is welded.  Adam also adds special things to their trailers that other don't think of and they are included in the base price!  The fold out steps are wonderful when opening the windows to the horses to give them air!  The windows themselves are ALL oversized!  Much larger than Exiss.........every detail of the Adam is incredible!

Now for the Owners:  Roger Dalton and his wife are the nicest down to earth individuals.  They go out of their way to make everything right with their customers!  Their two huge manufacturing plants are impressive as well.   I just cant say enough ........these people run such a huge facility and take the time to get to know their customers!!! 

We will buy another trailer sometime............from Adam for sure.  This time we will bump back up to a 10 ft. shortwall.  Please take the time to check into this smaller more personable company that makes a quality product!!!!

Cocoa

(Sherri)

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MichaelD
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-09-19 7:39 AM (#30598 - in reply to #30566)
Subject: RE: Adam Horse Trailers

Regular

We have an 2004 Adam 4hr with 8'SW and feel it is a quality trailer.All of the welds look great all of the doors seal tight.This is our first LQ the only changes I would make is in the LQ set up(not the quality)just the arrangement.

Mike

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-09-19 9:44 AM (#30601 - in reply to #30566)

Veteran

Hello do you know who makes the LQ for Adam?

thanks

MichaelD
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-09-19 10:34 AM (#30611 - in reply to #30566)

Regular

Mine was done by Windsor.Their quality is good(at least by my standards).I think they are in Elkhart In.

Mike

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-09-19 10:36 AM (#30612 - in reply to #30566)

Veteran

thanks
GMMRWM
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-09-19 9:50 PM (#30651 - in reply to #30566)

Cocoa, you took the words right out of my mouth. We have owned 2 Adam's so far. The first was a 99 2 horse bp. Then we switched up to a 3 horse gn slant w/ 10 foot (unfinished) lq. When we traded in our bp, the dealer gave us what we paid for it the year prior.

The manufacturers are very personable and friendly and want to make sure that every customer is a happy customer, no matter what it takes!!!!

Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2005-10-06 8:01 PM (#31384 - in reply to #30566)

Hello, I really love the trailer quality like the rest of you :)  I really think I would like the 10 ft shortwall next.  We have used my trailer 3 times and look at me......ready for another Adam :)  The interior on ours is gorgeous! Leather walls and all........pretty sharp! Custom Interiors out of Indiana did ours.  After working a few bugs out with Rob from Custom Interiors, everything seems like it is working great (the T.V. Reception was bad, C.D. in the stereo system did not work, bad regulator, and pump)  Sounds like a lot........but could of been worse.  Rob is great to work with and makes it right :

The trailer really is something......anyone interested let me know :)  Will order my larger one (or 8ft with slide) next from Roger Dalton at Adam :)  

Sherri

"Cocoa"

Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2005-11-09 7:46 PM (#32870 - in reply to #30601)

Hello, our conversion was done by Custom Conversions out of Indiana. The finish work is gorgeous (leather touch walls, tapestry horse fabric sofa, gorgeous fixtures). 

Rob is a nice guy as well.

We have used our trailer 2 times only (it is a 2005) and we are going to sell it and get one with 10 ft shortwall (ours is 8 ft shortwall).  We will get an Adam for sure........they are incrdible.

We paid $39900.00 for ours and I would sell it for $38000.00

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-09 7:59 PM (#32871 - in reply to #30566)

Veteran

hello cocoa

this is a small question bot does your elrctical cord pull out of a box or do you take a cord and plug ot to your trailer and then to the camp hook up?

thanks Gus

painthorse60
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-11-09 8:53 PM (#32874 - in reply to #30566)

New User

I agree on the quality of the Adams - a great railer for the price!!!  I have a 10' sw LQ - it is my first LQ trailer and I absolutely LOVE it.  Would not hesitate to buy another Adam.
Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2005-11-10 9:44 AM (#32884 - in reply to #32871)

Hello Gus, it pulls out of the box and is 50 ft. long.These Adam trailers are something.......they go the extra mile and add little special things on the trailer that other dealers don't. They added mudflaps and also fold down little foot steps under the horse windows so you have something to step up on when opening them to access the horses.Sherri
Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-11-02 6:12 PM (#51025 - in reply to #30601)

Adam Never does living quarter packages. They are the manufacture and they have dealers all over the country. The dealers buy the trailers and pick who they want to finish the trailer. So.......if a dealer picks someone that is "just ok" then your going to get just an "ok" interior. The Adam Trailer is outstanding as we have checked them all out.
There are so many companies out there doing living quarters and you must be careful! I like a very "posh" interior and have found a number of companies that fill my needs.
LQ Conversions, Cowboy Custom out of Ohio, Showtime has a "Royal" package that is gorgeous, Sierra (but won't promise when the trailer will get done) There are others out there like Outlaw that do a great job but the price is really high. I have priced them all in detail :)
We have ordered another ADAM trailer.........this one will be 13 foot shortwall. 10 ft of the trailer is living quarters and the other 3 ft. will be a midtack we will use as a mudroom. This midtack will be finished with leather walls, wainscot and cab. with pocket door to bathroom.

I cant say enough about Adam trailers!!!! Just be VERY careful of who is going to finish it. Make sure they don't use SLIP FITTINGS for plumbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cocoa
Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-11-02 6:15 PM (#51026 - in reply to #32871)

It is 50 ft long and pulls out.
Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-01-20 9:08 AM (#54145 - in reply to #30566)

Veteran

I just got back from the MD Horse Expo and checked out all the trailers there.  The Adam seemed like the best deal.  I talked to the rep from Adam Dalton and he said they are doing their own LQ now.  Quicker delivery time and save on shipping cost to conversion company.  I am looking at GN but curious at the BP LQ.  Adam, Lakota and Gore all were represented.  The Adam was nice with everything you need for a weekend at $24K. The Gore didn't have shower, toilet or walk thru at $29K and the Lakota had the tip out, shower and toilet for $24K. (I was impressed by the product but not the salesmen).  Out of all the Adam was the most helpful and knew their product. 

foxpointfarm
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-21 9:14 PM (#54214 - in reply to #30566)

We looked long and hard at an Adam 2+1 gooseneck. We were impressed with the construction of the Adam. We looked several months for a trailer. For the money, an all aluminimum Adam is tough to beat. Granted, there are better trailers out there but at a significantly higher price point. In addition, one of our boarders has a steel frame, aluminimum skin bumper pull Adam which is one of the best deals I have seen in a trailer.
lakota
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-24 7:31 AM (#54399 - in reply to #54145)

lakota
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-24 7:31 AM (#54400 - in reply to #54145)

lakota
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-24 7:53 AM (#54401 - in reply to #54145)

Hello, My name is Anthony Wollschlager I am the Lakota Sales Representative I am very sorry if I did not feel your expectation of my sale ability or my Knowlege to help you out when looking at Lakota. If I can do anything to redeem myself I would like to know. I truly belive in Lakota and I hope you can accept my apology, I would love to give you any information you might need on the HUT. Please call me at 574-596-9011.

Thank-you

Anthony Wollchlager  

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World