'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Wanted: Jump trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-19 10:17 AM
6 replies, 3409 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

maryjo
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-09-16 4:42 PM (#30486)
Subject: Wanted: Jump trailer

New User

I am looking for a trailer for carrying jump poles like you see at some of the large shows. It is basically a steel frame that has a series of slanted "arms" on each side where you place the jump poles. I am thinking that they may not really be "jump pole trailers" but may actually be trailers that are used for carrying pipes or other long construction items. Does anyone know who manufactures these? I am interested in a scaled-down "home version" that I could use to store a set of jump poles and be able to tow it with an ATV. Any suggestions on where to find anyone who builds these would be greatly appreciated. Mary Jo Barkaszi

Edited by maryjo 2005-09-16 4:43 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-16 7:26 PM (#30494 - in reply to #30486)
Subject: RE: Wanted: Jump trailer

Expert

Hello Maryjo ...

Anything that's professionally designed and built would likely be very expensive in terms of cost and freight.  You might be better served by a small trailer with locally fabricated "Jump" arms.  Go to a home store or a lawn & garden store and choose something that will fit your ATV.  Then find a local welding shop to build your support arms.  I've found the weld shops seem to enjoy this type of job.

greywynd
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-09-16 10:21 PM (#30502 - in reply to #30486)

If you're only going to be using it around the farm, maybe think about finding an old manure spreader (the real old ground drive ones) and get a local welder to brew up something. They are long and narrow, and usually readily available by asking around. It would save a lot of money on buying something road worthy (unless you need it to be.)

johnnyr1965
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-17 9:03 AM (#30513 - in reply to #30486)

I fits going to be only used around the farm use an old boat trailer,very light and easy to pull behind a ATV.
BJB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-09-18 6:27 PM (#30572 - in reply to #30486)

Maryjo - I'm not sure what jump poles are made of and what lengths they are. I have made baseball batting cages, using 2 inch aluminum pipe. they fit together for a 70ft long 11ft wide and 11ft tall. Can be disassembled with all lengths being 10ft. As you can see it wouldn't take a very big trailer, 10ft length and 4ft or 5ft wide and very light weight tubing to haul, maybe 350lbs. I am retired and still do odd projects to include trailers. Of course every thing I do is with aluminum, including trailers. Hope this gives you something to think about. Just an idea. By the way this batting cage is for sale for those who have children into baseball.
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-09-18 8:30 PM (#30580 - in reply to #30486)

Elite Veteran

How about ladder racks that you see construction workers install in the slots on pickup beds, mounted to a utility trailer or small boat trailer as someone suggested? You can probably buy ladder racks at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
maryjo
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-09-19 10:17 AM (#30607 - in reply to #30486)

New User

THANK YOU for all the ideas - I think going to the welding shop and looking at ladder racks sounds like the ticket. I don't know why I didn't think about the boat trailer before - I have an old canoe trailer sitting in the yard that just might do the trick!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)