'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
CM horse trailer quality

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-16 8:43 PM
3 replies, 4136 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

turtle
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-16 12:55 PM (#30468)
Subject: CM horse trailer quality

I am considering buying a 2005 CM 2-horse straightload trailer (manger model). If you have an opinion on the quality, I'd sure like to know about it.

Thanks very much.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-09-16 1:10 PM (#30473 - in reply to #30468)
Subject: RE: CM horse trailer quality

Extreme Veteran

I have a 2005 CM/Cimarron Alum 3H slant and I LOVE it. I looked for quite a while before buying and I hadn't ever heard of CM before a post on another board asking about brand quality prompted someone to e-mail me about their wonderful CM... So I had a look - WOW. I feel in love with the quality and design of the trailer and I ordered one... paid a little more than I was planning but don't have no regrets.

The trailer is very solid and sturdy and hauls great. My two horses were getting worse to load in my old small 2H BP and my filly had flipped herself over climbing in there and all would fuss and fret if left on that trailer when we got where we were going... With the new trailer it's a whole different story they both walk on without hesitation haul wonderfully and are content to stand on the trailer when we get there.

I personally don't like fixed ledges in trailers (i.e. mangers) as my filly is a bit of a monkey - but that's a personal choice.

barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-09-16 2:16 PM (#30477 - in reply to #30468)

Veteran

I have an 05 CM 3H Slant BP steel. It has a tack room in front with Saddle Rack AND a collapsible saddle rack in the rear. Drop down windows with seperate bars on head side. Mats on floor, yada yada. Bought it from http://www.oklahomatrailersales.com/CM_Trailers.asp over the phone for under $6000. I previously had a WW. I think the quality it top-notch for a trailer in this price range. Pulls great. Tracks great. Though if I ordered I might up the 3500 lb axles. Has many added features such as greasible (sp) hinges on all doors, locking drop downs, nice paint, rain guttering, came with slide in plexiglass for the butt side. For the price it is much nicer than Chapperal, Pondadrosa, etc. PS. I have no ties to OK Trailer Sales and haven't spoken with them since I drove off the lot. Which is the way it should be. No problems.
frogblossum
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-16 8:43 PM (#30496 - in reply to #30468)

We had a 2 horse CM Endurance straight load trailer that pulled great and had lots of room for our 16 Hand horse - BUT - if you happen to look at the Endurance be warned that the grills separating the mangers from the tack room allow for quite a mess!!  The trailer was great except that the hay in the manger blew all over our the tack area and we spent extra time cleaning after a haul.  And there was no good way to lock the trailer. 

We now own a Cimarron 3 horse Gooseneck and absolutely LOVE IT!!  A friend bought another popular brand trailer and the quality of the CM is visibly evident over the other.   

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)