'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hafta Brag, I may be broke but I sure have something nice!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-18 8:17 AM
14 replies, 8209 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-13 3:22 PM (#30311)
Subject: Hafta Brag, I may be broke but I sure have something nice!

Regular

Okay folks, I'm the sorta person who researches something to death when I go to buy it.  And that's what I did with my LQ aluminum trailer.  I just want to say that I found that you get what you pay for as far as quality goes, and I had to pay far more than I ever expected to in a LQ 3H trailer. But you get what you pay for.  However I got WAY more than I ever dreamed of in the quality of materials and construction, not only in the trailer itself, but in the LQ.    We got a trailer that will last forever and not depreciate in value as quickly as the rest of the the others.  For those of you who were like me and in a quandry about what to get, just bite the bullet, cut back on your grocery budget and go see Cindy at TrailerDepot in Shawnee and buy a Platinum.  It will save you all the time and energy I used looking around at all the others!  Thank Goodness all that shopping is done and I can enjoy this magnificent thing!

KR

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-13 3:29 PM (#30314 - in reply to #30311)
Subject: RE: Hafta Brag, I may be broke but I sure have something nice!

Elite Veteran

details, we want details.....   toys, essentials, colors, etc

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-09-13 3:40 PM (#30316 - in reply to #30314)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by Dunoir on 2005-09-13 4:29 PM

details, we want details.....   toys, essentials, colors, etc

pictures....

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-13 3:51 PM (#30319 - in reply to #30311)

Regular

I won't bore you with the things I know my husband is impressed with but I know little about, like the welded hinges etc.  I do know that when I'm in the stalls and pressed on the roof of my friends Sundowner, it felt like tin foil, but the Platinum has a heavy roof I can't push on.

We went with 8'wide, love the dropdowns on front AND rear cause I'm in the humid south.  Got generator and propane(heat also) ducted, boy is that it being ducted a little thing that makes a difference.

Its just an 8' shortwall and it not the roomiest thing cause I had to have a big fridge which is wonderful, cant' imagine living with just a little fridge. 

I used light oak woodwork and found a realistic looking faux tooled light leather for the couch and then found a spotted cowhide to match and that's what they covered the sofa in.  They trimmed the valances with the cowhide and faux leather.  The bathroom is roomier than most other trailers and I don't feel cramped  I can be in front of the sink and mirror and hubby in the shower and its not like we are stuffed in a box, there's room!

There lots of storage everywhere.  And its wood, not particle board.  I wish the cabinets in my kitchen and bath at home were made this well.

Got a microwave but no stove top cause the microwave can do what a stovetop can and when I'm on vacation I ain't cookin!  But its all set up to be self sustaining so we don't have to be hooked up to water and electric and can still have heat and AC and power.

Another great thing is the stud divider  and escape door at the first stall and door from the bathroom to the first stall.  Basically, the first stall is a feed room/storage room/ utility room.  If you want to haul 3 horses, get a 4 horse with a stud divider!

I guess that's it, maybe the new will wear off someday, but I love this thing and its built solid as a rock and pulls like a piece of cake. 

I guess I'd better stop braggin,

KR

there's money in horses cause I put most of mine there!  

And bottom line, is that if I have to sell it, I want it to be very marketable. 

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-13 3:53 PM (#30321 - in reply to #30311)

Regular

Is there a way to post pictures on this site, or do I just attach them to this message like an email?
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-09-13 9:36 PM (#30343 - in reply to #30311)

Expert

Yes you can post pictures in you message.

You must first put the pictures on a host service. A computer at home that is always connected or a service like www.villagephotos.com. After uploading the photos to the hosting service. copy the URL address.  Make sure you reduce the size of the photo PRIOR to uploading it to the host.  72dpi and no more than 800x600.  If the picture is too big, it won't work.

Write your message and submit it. Go back and edit the message. In the edit options you will see several icons. Roll you mouse over the icons , one will say "imgae"  (looks like a mountain in a picture frame) Click on it and enter the URL address of your photo.. Whala! Picture in your message.

Here is my daughter on a recent trailride.

Edited by Painted Horse 2005-09-13 9:40 PM
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-09-14 8:07 AM (#30353 - in reply to #30311)

Expert

here is a tip-resize the photos to make them smaller otherwise they are too big for the sceen and makes people like me have to scroll side to side in order to read the text.....
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-14 10:12 AM (#30362 - in reply to #30353)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by farmbabe on 2005-09-14 9:07 AM

here is a tip-resize the photos to make them smaller otherwise they are too big for the sceen and makes people like me have to scroll side to side in order to read the text.....

It might be your monitor, mine worked fine and the pic size was just right.

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-09-14 10:34 AM (#30364 - in reply to #30343)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by Painted Horse on 2005-09-13 10:36 PM

Here is my daughter on a recent trailride.

LOL - that made me do a double take - I have the same helmet and at that angle the horse looks very much like my mare. 

RbarL
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-14 11:24 AM (#30367 - in reply to #30311)

Regular

KR - The trailer sounds very nice. I know you will love it. We sure love ours. It is a 4star but we did the same thing you did. Research, research. My hubby did the welding inspections and crawled all over every trailer we saw. I looked at the pretty stuff. LOL

By the way, this sight is the best for information on trailers. Good to see you here.

RbarL

HaulinHorses
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-09-14 11:24 AM (#30368 - in reply to #30311)

Regular

Thank you Karen for the kind words...I am so humbled that you took the time to tell others about your nice trailer.  Here are a couple of the pictures you sent me.  Let me know if we can do anything else to help you!  Cindy @ Trailer Depot

Karen Rowe  Karen Rowe

Horse Crazy
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-14 12:30 PM (#30370 - in reply to #30311)

Regular

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-14 5:42 PM (#30388 - in reply to #30311)

Extreme Veteran

I've notice the Platinum brand now you've mentioned purchasing one. Looks like the quality of a Bloomer or 4Star any of which I'd like to own someday.

Congratulations and enjoy!   

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-15 10:30 AM (#30414 - in reply to #30311)

Regular

While I enjoy the creature comforts and fancy dodads of the LQ, what I really like the best is the sturdy, high quality of the trailer itself.  I've slammed doors and messed with latches and jumped up in down in all sorts and nothing compares to the quality of materials and workmanship in this Platinum Coach.  What scared me was how for a little bit less, you got a whole lot less trailer.

KR   

Z71
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-09-18 8:17 AM (#30547 - in reply to #30311)

Veteran

Painted Horse, I notice in the picture of your daughter that she is riding with a packback on, this is very dangerous.  A friend's daughter use to always ride with a backpack also, until one time a branch caught on it, pulled her off, and spooked the the horse.  Fortunately she only ended up with a broken wrist and 1 broken leg from the horse stepping on it.  So I shudder everytime I see a child riding with a backpack.  Her daughters 4H group is trying to make people aware of the dangers of doing this.  It was also quite expensive to have the helicopter rescue off the mountain.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)