'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
AC w/ heatstrip

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-10 8:42 AM
3 replies, 3372 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rich M.
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-09 8:24 PM (#30142)
Subject: AC w/ heatstrip

Veteran

I'm buying my first LQ trailer and the AC has a heat strip. How effective is this for heat ?. I have the option of a propane furnace but don't expect to be out when it is below freezing. Will this be capable of taking the chill off say at low 40 high 30's? The LQ is only 6". Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-09-09 10:08 PM (#30151 - in reply to #30142)
Subject: RE: AC w/ heatstrip

Veteran

They work fine in these temps ..assume your trailer has some insulation/paneling...otherwise you will have condensation inside on the cold metal surfaces. Also assuming you have 110vac to plug into.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-10 7:42 AM (#30155 - in reply to #30142)

Extreme Veteran

I have a friend who has one and it seems to help some but she also has  a space heater for backup and I think she uses the space heater more. My AC doesn't have the heat strip but I do have a propane furnace which I never turned on this year. I keep a space heater in my trailer and this spring always had electric at the shows so just plugged in the space heater. A propane furnace is nice however because it has a thermostat for it to regulate the heat, unlike a space heater. My trailer is a 6' living quarter and stays quite cozy. Have fun with yours!
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-09-10 8:42 AM (#30156 - in reply to #30142)

Expert

I bought a new trailer in June, When talking with my dealer, he told me to go with the propane heater. He said the heat strips didn't do much.

Couple that with the fact that you either need a generator running or shore power to plug into in order for the heat strip to work limited how often I would really use it.

If you add the propane heater, you can tap into the gas line and run gas for other needs. I have a gas valve on the out side of the trailer that I use with my Camp Chef camp stove, so I can cook out under my awning. I use more gas cooking during the year than I do heating the trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)