'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Mid Tack vs Under-manger storage? Which one?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-09 5:37 PM
5 replies, 4248 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

OAKRUNFARM
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-09 8:42 AM (#30120)
Subject: Mid Tack vs Under-manger storage? Which one?

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new LQ. We currently have an LQ with a large mid tack and a rear tack also but no manger storage.

I am having a hard time finding a new/recent LQ trailer with a mid tack. Why is that? It seems like everyone is going with the under manger storage and maybe getting a bigger LQ or doing away with the length the mid tack takes up?

Please give me input on which you think is better and why.

We generally have a mixture of 3 halter horses and riders and need to be able to store a large vaccuum in addition to saddles and riding tack. Is there enough room to store the vaccuum in the rear with the saddles?

Do the trailers with under-manger storage accommodate LARGE horses in an 8' wide trailer?

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-09-09 9:54 AM (#30123 - in reply to #30120)
Subject: RE: Mid Tack vs Under-manger storage? Which one?

Expert

My trailer is 7' wide.  It has a midtack and a rear tack and I have the under manger storage.

My rear tack is collaspable.  I use the rear tack for saddles. I use the mid tack as more of a Mud room/storage room. I have a door from the Mid tack to he LQ.

I have no trouble with my 16 hand geldings in my 7' wide trailer with manger. They can not turn around to exit. They must back out. Which took a few hot days last June to teach my one gelding how to do that. But the rest of my horses back right out.

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-09 2:33 PM (#30133 - in reply to #30120)

Expert

I could probably live without my mangers, one for a generator and the other for storage, but I know I couldn't survive without my 3' mid!  My rear tack has a shelf in it so I get extra storage space on it.  I also have lots of hooks and things back there to hang stuff from.  I keep my saddles in the mid tack which also has bridle hooks on the bulk head wall and a large closet on the short wall.  I use my mid tack as a mud room entrance for my LQ.  I absolutely love it!!! 
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-09-09 4:05 PM (#30135 - in reply to #30120)

Expert

I don't know why but Exiss stopped buliding trailers with mid tacks in the early 00. I guess they just weren't popular. But I really like them. When I was looking for a trailer, i didn't really consider a midtack but now I couldn't get along with out it. I don't have a under manager storage rig thus no experience with them. I do enjoy the midtack.
ND COWBOY
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-09-09 4:09 PM (#30136 - in reply to #30120)

Veteran

I turned my mid tach into a bedroom w/bunk beds. I put my electric fence, folding chairs, camp grill, stove, wood, extra lp tanks and more all under the
mangers. I use my front stall with stud divider for storage also, if I am hauling four or less horses.
I would never go without the mangers for storage. My trailer is 8' wide.
my horses can turn around and unload forward in every stall except the very back one. I normally back them out but if you have a young one it is sure nice to let him turn if you need to.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-09 5:37 PM (#30138 - in reply to #30120)

Extreme Veteran

I recently looked at a friend's new "older" trailer and hers is an 8 wide with a side tack, under manger storage and large rear tack. She has major storage!!! The side tack was pretty neat, you can step up into it and there is a door leading from that to the horse area. She keeps all her bridles and show halters in there and then the saddles go in the rear tack. She uses the under manger storage for camping/trailer gear. What is nice about an 8 wide trailer is if it has mangers you get more storage and the rear tack is so much bigger compared to a 7 wide. I would get lost in a trailer like that but sure is neat!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)