'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer destroyed by tornado - blue book value?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-07 11:54 AM
5 replies, 4959 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

PattiD
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-09-02 12:11 PM (#29922)
Subject: Trailer destroyed by tornado - blue book value?

New User

A tornado hit our farm a couple of weeks ago destroying the barn and my horse trailer.  The trailer was a steel, 2 horse Diamond D walk thru in good condition.  The insurance adjuster wanted to know the blue book value.  Is there a blue book value?  If not, who can give me an estimate of it's value?

We bought the trailer about three years ago for $2500 but we had looked for over a year and it was a good deal.

Suggestions?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
santelikk
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-09-02 12:20 PM (#29923 - in reply to #29922)
Subject: RE: Trailer destroyed by tornado - blue book value?

Regular

If I remeber from past threads there is no "blue book" for horse trailers unless they are (Sundowners?)  I believe most place accept the dealers value as what it is.  You might be able to satisfy you insurance requirements by finding similar trailers online. 
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-09-06 4:52 PM (#29989 - in reply to #29922)

Go to a dealer and have them write up a used trailer value for you.  Most insurance adjusters will accept that valuation.  Your trailer may well have been worth the same or more than you paid because of the rising prices of new trailers causing the price of used trailers to rise too.  Good luck.

gcox
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-06 8:55 PM (#29995 - in reply to #29922)

New User

Patti,

You didn't say what year or if it is a gnk or bmp pull,  but if it was in good condition it should still be worth pretty close to that figure with the steel increases and all. There is a blue book, but it is very skimpy on the number of manufacturers that are in there.

PattiD
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-09-07 8:43 AM (#30005 - in reply to #29922)

New User

When I spoke to the insurance adjuster yesterday he told me that since the trailer was listed as a separate item but they had neglected to put a value on it that I can go ahead and buy a NEW trailer to replace it.  He asked what new trailers similar to my old one go for so I replied $8-10,000.  So, it looks like I can go look for a new trailer. 

I prefer the walk-thru models over a slant load or straight load with mangers.   Currently we own a 1998 F150 which was ok for hauling but not great.  We are considering selling the truck and replacing it with a hybrid commuter car plus a bigger, possibly older farm truck.  We have a 14 1/2 year old son so it won't be long before we need a third vehicle for him anyway.

The old trailer was a 1994 Diamond D steel two horse walk thru.  It had surface rust but other than that it was in very good shape.  It was light and felt very open.  I was told that Diamond D was associated with Featherlite but I'm not sure.    

Any ideas or favorites?

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-09-07 11:54 AM (#30013 - in reply to #29923)

Elite Veteran

You might check with your county appraiser's office if you live where you have to pay yearly taxes on them like we do in Kansas.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)