'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Re-do LQ or Buy New???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-31 4:17 PM
3 replies, 2746 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

wyodrumrunner
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-30 2:20 PM (#29782)
Subject: Re-do LQ or Buy New???

New User

Hi all, we have a 1998 Exiss 4 horse aluminum trailer with an "after factory" weekender package on a 4 ft. short wall.  We've owned this trailer for about 4 years and it's almost paid off - Thank Goodness!  However, after hauling down the road so much the LQ needs to be re-done, i.e., paneling coming loose from wall, molding coming off....Also it never had overhead cabinets above the sink/stove/refer and the layout could be better. 

I have no idea what companies charge to do this kind of thing....anybody else done this or have any suggestions? 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-08-30 4:03 PM (#29791 - in reply to #29782)
Subject: RE: Re-do LQ or Buy New???

Extreme Veteran

I'd vote for redoing - or do it yourself, if you have the time. I'm doing mine now and it's not that hard (though time consuming when starting from scratch). Tacking back up some panelling and adding a few cabinets wouldn't be that big of a deal. You can likely buy cabinets to match at many home improvement stores.

Edited by MBRA518 2005-08-30 4:05 PM
Horse Crazy
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-08-31 10:00 AM (#29821 - in reply to #29782)

Regular

If your happy with the 4ft short wall and bit of a handy man, do it yourself. I'ts not at all in my opinion inexpensive to buy new or have someone else redo it.
wyodrumrunner
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-31 4:17 PM (#29838 - in reply to #29782)

New User

Thanks for the replies...that's kinda it, I'm not (nor my husband) a handy-man and it looks like a handy-man-type job already, LOL!  I've contacted a few conversion places and they've told me the best thing to do is take pictures of the way it is and then they can give me a quote on how much it will cost to re-do it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)