'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse trailers..

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-09-02 5:22 AM
4 replies, 3311 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

farmersue
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-08-30 1:50 PM (#29778)
Subject: horse trailers..

New User

I purchased a NEW ponderosa horse trailer -- built to order. delivered with wet paint. waited length of time noted in booklet b4 apply a magnetic sign. magnetic peeeeeeeled off all the paint underneath -- to reveal NO PRIMER -- dealer wont do anything and ive written to ponderosa who says too bad so sad here is a can of touch up paint -- stating all my fault for putting on a magnetic. nowhere in their material does it say do not put magnetics on their product -- these came off my supreme trailer and have never given me any trouble. has any one had any luck suing ponderosa or other trailer manufacturere for something like this?wish i had known about trailer talk before i purchased a ponderosa -- didnt realize they were the bottom of the barrel in trailers. any suggestions would be appreciated.farmer sue
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
equinetrans
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-08-30 7:05 PM (#29800 - in reply to #29778)
Subject: RE: Seek opinions on having trailer repainted?

First thing I would look at is your state's lemon laws for motor vehicles. Are trailers covered? If so, then follow that procedure.

If lemon laws don't apply, I would think about filing in small claims court. If you're lucky, you win and get a new paint job. If you lose, you are probably only out less than $100. Advantage to you is that you get this over and done with and can move on with your life.

Jim Clark-Dawe
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-09-01 4:57 AM (#29859 - in reply to #29778)
Subject: RE: horse trailers..

Expert

Originally written by farmersue on 2005-08-30 1:50 PM

I purchased a NEW ponderosa horse trailer -- built to order. delivered with wet paint. waited length of time noted in booklet b4 apply a magnetic sign. magnetic peeeeeeeled off all the paint underneath -- to reveal NO PRIMER -- dealer wont do anything and ive written to ponderosa who says too bad so sad here is a can of touch up paint -- stating all my fault for putting on a magnetic. nowhere in their material does it say do not put magnetics on their product -- these came off my supreme trailer and have never given me any trouble. has any one had any luck suing ponderosa or other trailer manufacturere for something like this?wish i had known about trailer talk before i purchased a ponderosa -- didnt realize they were the bottom of the barrel in trailers. any suggestions would be appreciated.farmer sue

I don't know that they're "bottom of the barrel", perhaps a value/economy line ?
BTW, in SOME places it is illegal to travel with magnetic signs. I'm fairly sure it is state law, though it could be federal.
...and HEY ! they don't stick to my aluminum trailers anyway...
Horse Crazy
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-09-01 12:05 PM (#29872 - in reply to #29778)

Regular

I feel for you. Our first trailer was a Ponderosa. Shipped with wet paint as well. We didn't get a book with ours. It was one coat of paint, and the tailer leaks awful bad. To anyone out there who might see this link. Stay away from Ponderosa trailers. Their just trash.
rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2005-09-02 5:22 AM (#29912 - in reply to #29778)

Extreme Veteran

Start with your States Attorney General and B.B.

Edited by rockyrider 2005-09-02 5:23 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)