'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pro-lite horse trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-30 12:03 PM
2 replies, 7655 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

catfishgrabblers
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-29 10:34 AM (#29713)
Subject: Pro-lite horse trailers

New User

Does anyone know anything about Pro-lite horse trailers?  Is the company that manufactured these horse trailers still in business?  Are they well made horse trailers?  
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Trailer Chic
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-08-30 9:44 AM (#29755 - in reply to #29713)
Subject: RE: Pro-lite horse trailers

Pro Lite Trailers is now called Sidekick Trailers. They are located in Milton, Florida. Very well built trailers!
traveller
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-08-30 12:03 PM (#29767 - in reply to #29755)
Subject: RE: Pro-lite horse trailers

I have a two-horse Pro-lite trailer straight load that my horses really liked.  I have some horses that don't like to load and the ramp took quite a beating and I had it rebuilt.  The trailer was very cool and comfortable in the hot weather.  I bought a steel bumper pull slant with  a dressing room and no ramp since I needed extra room for camping and traveling.  None of my horses like riding in the slant as well, I think because the noise of the road bothers them.  The Pro-lite was very quiet.  My main horse that loaded in the Pro-lite by pointing him in the general direction of the trailer has to be persuaded to load in the slant, and he doesn't eat very well.  He has never relaxed as well as he did in the Pro-lite, but he has adjusted. The trailer is reinforced fiberglass with aluminum plank flooring, and is built very well.  I didn't sell this trailer since I had some horses that didn't want to load in the slant though all of them will load in the slant now.  I need to sell it; I just haven't taken the time to advertise it.  I do feel better about pulling the steel trailer, though, as it would take an impact better than the Pro-lite if I got into an accident.  I looked at the Brenderup trailers before I bought the used Pro-lite and I liked the Pro-lite better, though it is a heavier trailer.      
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)