'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
getting title for horse trailer in Maine for less money

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-30 6:04 PM
3 replies, 3837 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

edgewood kid
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-19 1:31 PM (#29400)
Subject: getting title for horse trailer in Maine for less money

New User

Hi,
ANYBODY! I used to have the contact info for a title company in Maine that would very inexpensively title and register your horse trailer (they usually do tractor trailers/big-rigs) even if you were an out-of-state person. We are military and have moved so many times the last 6 years that I have somewhere lost this info.
We are Florida residents but are now living in AZ. Our trailer that we bought on-line has an Alabama title and is in the previous owner's name right now but is signed over to us. The trailer is actually in Florida and with the price of diesel it will stay there until we can sell it. The problem is that I'm not going to pay $1500 just to get a title in our name if we're never going to use the dang thing. Those DMV's get ya' coming and going. I mean I can see paying sales tax the first time a new trailer is sold but not every time a trailer is sold in it's lifetime, what a killing!!!
So anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, if anybody can get me that information I would sooooooo appreciate it. I promise this time it will stay in the safe with all the other very important info on our next move.

Thanks
Holly
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-19 10:14 PM (#29419 - in reply to #29400)
Subject: RE: getting title for horse trailer in Maine for less money

Expert

The two places that I know of are:
Maine Trailer {who'd have guessed THAT one ?}
Staab Agency
I'm fairly sure that I've entered their contact info in previous threads of this forum, both come up on google searches.

BTW, I found this kinda weird: Maine does NOT issue titles for trailers that weigh under 3500 lbs. That is the trailer's actual empty weight. Ooops, memory fade, the cut off might be 3,000 lbs., the point being that many bumper pulls - and ESPECIALLY B-Ups - can be registered but not titled in Maine.
There are what Maine calls "Semi-Permanent" plates, I think 5 year and 10 year.

Check with your insurance company on whether they will cover a trailer you own that is registered in a state you don't reside in.
ssnooker2
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-24 12:37 PM (#29567 - in reply to #29419)

New User

Is our trailer for sale ? I live in Florida and am lookin for a trailer.

Thanks

Scott

edgewood kid
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-30 6:04 PM (#29799 - in reply to #29567)

New User

Sorry,
We have already sold it. Just waiting for the title to get here tomorrow so we can sign it over.
Good luck finding one
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)