'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Black Trailer skin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-19 8:55 PM
6 replies, 3847 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JakeB
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-08-18 2:37 PM (#29352)
Subject: Black Trailer skin

Does anyone have a black skin trailer?  It sure would seem that a black trailer wouldn't show black streaks as bad as a white trailer does.  I saw a black trailer with polished extruded sides the other day and I must say it was one of the sharpest LQ trailers I've ever seen.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-08-18 3:34 PM (#29355 - in reply to #29352)
Subject: RE: Black Trailer skin

Extreme Veteran

I love the looks of the black but I sure wouldn't own one down here in the oven of Tejas.

Safe Riding
Todd
RichB
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-18 6:33 PM (#29363 - in reply to #29355)

Extreme Veteran

I'd consider how hot black trailers can become in the sun, over unsightly black streaks.  That's why I wouldn't own one, besides they show dirt, dust and any imperfections in the paint much more than light colored trailers.  
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-08-19 7:31 AM (#29377 - in reply to #29352)

Expert

There was a topic about black skinned trailers not to long ago and some folks who actually own them said they aren't hot like some have suggested. Do a search and re-read that thread.

Personally, I'd like to hear from people who have black skinned trailers rather form those who don't.

BEN
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-08-19 10:43 AM (#29388 - in reply to #29352)

I own a Black Skin CIMARRON 4 horse Norstar model trailer and I have not noticed it to be "warmer" inside the stall area than the white-skin trailer that I previously owned.  The trailer is lined & insulated in the stall area walls and has a fully insulated roof (insulated roof standard on all Cimarron Trailers).  My trailer has great airflow for the horses with drop down feed doors on the head side and a drop down door in the rear stall door.   

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-08-19 1:02 PM (#29395 - in reply to #29388)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by BEN on 2005-08-19 10:43 AM

I own a Black Skin CIMARRON 4 horse Norstar model trailer and I have not noticed it to be "warmer" inside the stall area than the white-skin trailer that I previously owned.  The trailer is lined & insulated in the stall area walls and has a fully insulated roof (insulated roof standard on all Cimarron Trailers).  My trailer has great airflow for the horses with drop down feed doors on the head side and a drop down door in the rear stall door.   

I saw a black skin Cimarron last night and nearly broke my neck looking at it! They are really sharp looking. I'd consider a black trailer, but then I'd have to get a black truck. :-)

-Betty

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-08-19 8:55 PM (#29415 - in reply to #29352)

Elite Veteran

I own a Black/Stainless 8312 Bison.  I love it!!  I am diligent about washing it as soon as I get home from a trip.  There may be some black streaks, but if there are, they sure aren't noticable.  Hot??  Not any hotter than a white skin that would be sitting out in the sun.  After all it is insulated.  I've had no problem with contraction or expansion of the skin panels.  Bison added extra screws along the seams to alleviate that issue.  Now it will pick up some road dirt like black cars, trucks etc. do, but like I said,  I wash it as soon as it's parked in the driveway.  I ordered black just so I wouldn't have a "same o same o" trailer.  White is white is white.  A very good looking trailer, and I'm glad I went with black

Nancy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)