'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DYI LQ - fold out bench ideas???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-18 8:04 AM
3 replies, 3068 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-08-16 8:35 PM (#29279)
Subject: DYI LQ - fold out bench ideas???

Extreme Veteran

Hi all... I'm finally getting to the "building things in" faze of the LQ project and I'm wondering if anyone has any igenious ideas for a bench that converts to an extra bed? I'm looking to build an L shaped bench where a portion of it (about 4 ft) will fold up/down to met the L and make a bed.  

All ideas are welcome, DBF can weld too so wood or metal ideas would be great.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-08-17 6:37 PM (#29317 - in reply to #29279)
Subject: RE: DYI LQ - fold out bench ideas???

Veteran

I have seen a camping trailer that had a bench seat that with two layers of plywood on the seat.  The top piece was slidable over the lower piece and had legs attached that when extended supported the out side edge of the seat.  When retracted, the legs laid up against the front vertical wall of the bench.  The padding was such that the seat back covered the extended portion for a mattress
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-08-18 6:02 AM (#29335 - in reply to #29279)

Extreme Veteran

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I think I'll have the bench pull out and bring 2 or 3 legs with it and then the seat back will come down and fill the space. That will allow me to construct the cushions right on to the wood backing.... which means no sewing... I like no sewing!

appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-08-18 8:04 AM (#29336 - in reply to #29279)

Veteran

Hi

We just did  a fold out bench in our LQ.  My husband took a piece of plywood and cut it to fit the bench.  He used hinges and made it so that it folds up.  The board folds out in one piece, but when not being used as a bed, it can be pushed back against the wall and makes into a bench seat with a back to it.  He also put legs on the sides that go back next to the bench itself.  If you want pictures, email me and I will get you a better "blueprint".  My husband designed it after a camper he remembered his family having as a child.  Glad he has a good memory and can build stuff!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)