'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
King Dome home installation

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-13 10:27 PM
2 replies, 3698 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-08-09 10:29 AM (#29019)
Subject: King Dome home installation

Extreme Veteran

I'm considering adding King Dome model 9702 for my trailer. And I was wondering if anyone has experince doing the install.

I've looked at the installation manual, and it does not look involved at all. Since I have an existing LQ, it was suggested that I install the dome over the horse area, run the cables on the roof to where I'd bring them in above the TV, and use caulk to hold the cables to the roof. I still have to get on the roof and make sure I have all the correct clearences between the vents, hay rack and other stuff sticking up on the roof.

I know it is a lot cheaper just to have an dish on stick, which I have, but I saw one of these Dome in operations, and it was really cool! 25

-Betty
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
justinc
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-08-10 4:57 PM (#29095 - in reply to #29019)
Subject: RE: King Dome home installation

Watch your clearance closely mounting it above the horse area with a hayrack.Also remember you will need a 12v power source where you drop your wires.They sure make it easy to find a signal.
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-08-13 10:27 PM (#29193 - in reply to #29095)
Subject: RE: King Dome home installation

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by justinc on 2005-08-10 4:57 PM

Watch your clearance closely mounting it above the horse area with a hayrack.Also remember you will need a 12v power source where you drop your wires.They sure make it easy to find a signal.

I got up on the roof and measured and there is plenty of room between the first and second roof vent, and I have good clearance from my hayrack per the installation manual. It looks like I can run the cables down the roof to the friedge vent on the roof and go inside the trailer without having to cut a hole in the roof. I can run the cables behind microwave, thru the cabinets above the stove & sink and right into the TV cabinet. There is 12V power source at the back of the TV cabinet. Now if I can just bring myself to spend the money. ;-0

-Betty

-Betty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World