'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Roadside Insurance

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-12 9:42 PM
7 replies, 3306 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cricket'sDad
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-08 10:31 PM (#29009)
Subject: Roadside Insurance

I had read in a mag recently about a roadside insurance for horse owners / tow vehicles, trailers, stabling...AAA RV World type. Was I just looking thru the pages toooo quickly or is there something of this type out there.

Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lobo
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2005-08-09 12:15 AM (#29011 - in reply to #29009)
Subject: RE: Roadside Insurance

Regular

http://www.usrider.org/about.html

The above has been recommended to us.  The only thing I know about it is from their website.  The people that recommended it had never had to use it.  I suggested that they fake a break-down and see how well they respond. 

Cricket'sDad
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-09 2:17 PM (#29035 - in reply to #29011)

Thanks Lobo - will do some checking.

Appy trails to you!!!!!
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-08-09 3:09 PM (#29040 - in reply to #29035)

Extreme Veteran

I have read and heard from other people that the service is very good. There is no other service that caters to horse trailers. I'm a memeber but fortunately have not had to use it.

Safe Riding,
Todd
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-09 4:01 PM (#29052 - in reply to #29009)

Expert

Search the forum for "usrider", there have been several favorable reports from people who have had to actually USE the service.
I still havn't signed up, I seem to just miss the special offers and I'm too cheap to pay full price for anything.
BTW, according to other threads it compares well to the triple-A RV plan and they DO come out and work on DRW trucks.

Edited by Reg 2005-08-09 8:07 PM
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-08-09 5:07 PM (#29058 - in reply to #29052)

Extreme Veteran

But AAA will have nothing to do with horse trailers unfortunately.

Safe Riding
Todd
mgreene88
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-08-11 6:00 PM (#29165 - in reply to #29009)

New User

We have US Rider and we are very happy with it. I don't know much about AAA but US Rider will cover you, anyone using your car, and car you are in (even if your not driving it). They will find places to bring your horse if you break down, and will call you every 15 minutes to check on you until you are back on the rode. My mom had a flat tire on her way to work, and pulled over at a country club, she called them and they got a towing company there fast. Even though she was completely safe, at a country club, it is their policy to call you every 15 minutes. REALLY IMPRESSIVE! We highly recommend it!
marlenaanne
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2005-08-12 9:42 PM (#29184 - in reply to #29009)

Regular

I have had US Rider since 2003. They are incredible and worth every penny. I had previously had AAA RV Plus which I was told would take take of a 1 ton dually and anything it was towing. Wrong. US Rider has been so impressive in their service. I lost a tire on my trailer with two horses in it and cruisng down a freeway. I got pulled over and called US Rider. They got my location and started making calls. They even asked if I needed hay, water or even treats for the horses. They wanted to know if horses were calm or in panic. They arranged a variety of options in a short amount of time. I can't say enough good. I've used them for my typical AAA type needs for myself and my family ... locked in keys, flat ties, tows. They are responsive, courteous and follow up. Even if you don't tow I'd say sign up. Once you've used their services you won't even notice they don't offer maps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)