'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
couch and refrigerator question for DIY LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-21 12:31 PM
6 replies, 3958 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jess00
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-07-20 9:18 AM (#28300)
Subject: couch and refrigerator question for DIY LQ

I'm looking for a couch like are in LQ trailers that the seat "scoots" out and the back becomes flat to make a bed.  The ones I've seen in RV catalogs are made more like a sleeper sofa for your home.  I don't have room for that kind, but can't find the ones that conversion companies put in trailers.  Anybody know where to get one or even the frame and we can make cushions for it???

I also need some advice on a fridge (keep in mind I can only repeat what I've heard and have no knowledge of this subject).  I want a fridge that will continue keeping cool while traveling without LP or running the generator.  I don't have propane on my trailer and I would like for the fridge to stay cool while traveling or when at a show and I don't want to start the generator.  I've been told from a conversion company who does this that I need a "marine style 12v fridge".  I haven't found one that states that.  I was also told that I could get a regular fridge and an invertor and it will run while on the road.  So if I were to get this kind what size invertor do I get?  I already have a convertor (not sure their differences, but know that there is one).

Like I said that's about the only info I know, but can find out more specifically if I need to.  PLEASE HELP!!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-07-20 11:08 AM (#28304 - in reply to #28300)
Subject: RE: couch and refrigerator question for DIY LQ

Extreme Veteran

For the couch you can try here: http://www.jazzsales.com/details.php?item_to_display=265&cca=89
FYI, they are about $650.00.

As for the inverter. A 1000 watter should do it. I have plans on putting an inverter in my rig to run just a fridge (2.7 cf dorm type) and it would be for while running down the road. Once at our destination I'd switch to the generator or shore power. I've also been told that you can plug in your fridge the day before you leave and it should stay cold for your trip provided your not traveling too terribly far. When you get there you can plug it back in.You can also opt to spend in the $500.00ish range and purchase an RV fridge that runs off of 12v. You can get those at most RV supply places and even off of Ebay.

Hope this helps.

Safe Ridng,
Todd

Edited by maccwall 2005-07-20 11:31 AM
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-20 1:38 PM (#28309 - in reply to #28300)

Extreme Veteran

My LQ has a couch that makes into a bed. It is actually two separate cushions, one for the backrest and the other for the seat part and when you slide out the base they lay flat and make into a bed. If you are crafty enough or you know someone who is, you could probably make one yourself. Mine is just made out of wood. Underneath is the water tank/water heater and pump. For the cushions you might be able to make those yourself. I know that was brought up here before on where to find or make couch cushions. If you want I can get some pics and email them to you. 

As for the fridge and keeping it cold during travel, I usually throw 3-4 frozen bottles of water in my fridge to keep things cool. Will keep the fridge cool for along time, you would be surprised.

GMMRWM
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-20 9:27 PM (#28339 - in reply to #28300)

I just saw 2 jack knife sofa's listed on ebay. Both started at $250.00. Search under rv and then select rv parts.

HTCC53
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-07-20 10:01 PM (#28343 - in reply to #28300)

As far as your couch, there is a place in Ozark, MO that makes the jacknife couches that are used in living quarters. Don't know if he sells to the public or not, but his number is 417-581-1122. They are quite a bit less than $650. His name is Jon.

Another good source for anything that Jazz has would be Colaw, in Carthage, MO. They are usually less expensive and a bigger selection of large appliances, anything that you would need for a living quarter. There number is 417-548-2125.

justinc
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-21 7:45 AM (#28351 - in reply to #28300)

A two way fridge runs off of propane or 110V AC. It requires a 12v DC circuit for the controls. A three way fridge runs off of propane , or 12v DC , or 110v AC. An inverter will change 12v DC to 110v AC. A converter will change 110v AC to 12v DC.
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-07-21 12:31 PM (#28364 - in reply to #28300)

Extreme Veteran

Hey Jess00 check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&categ...

Safe Riding,
Todd
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World