'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
CM Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-20 8:39 AM
9 replies, 6788 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

buddy
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-18 8:59 PM (#28212)
Subject: CM Trailers

New User

Does anyone out there know much about CM trailers?  We have been shopping online, and like the features, but havent' made the trek to the dealership yet.  Just wanted to know if anyone had any input about this brand.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
paintpaddy
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-07-18 9:55 PM (#28215 - in reply to #28212)
Subject: RE: CM Trailers

This spring we bought a new CM Norstar 3 horse slant with 10" living quarters. Have been using it almost every weekend and are really happy with it. We were looking for about 3 years and got pretty good at spotting quality. Tip the flip down doors out about half way and try to flex them. You won't believe how solid they are and behind them are bars not screens. Look underneath at how close together the girders are and the size of them. I could go on and on about the completely lined interior, rubber mounted lights, greaseable hinge pins, but you'll have to look for yourself. Definitely not cheap but we decided that CM was among the top 3 or 4 manufacturers.
Lobo
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2005-07-18 10:11 PM (#28216 - in reply to #28212)

Regular

We bought a 4 horse CM Norstar 2 year's ago.  We'd looked at just every brand and liked the CM  the best. (Some brand's had some of the worst looking weld's.)  We liked the latches and the over-all solidness.   We had them put WERM flooring in.  No more pulling out stinky mat's. 

barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-07-19 7:09 AM (#28224 - in reply to #28212)

Veteran

I am very pleased with my CM 3H slant Dakota Deluxe. It's a steel BP - has rear collapsable tack. Saddle rack in rear tack can be moved to a holder in the front dressing room if wanted. Had 3 drop down windows with bars, plexiglass sliders on butt side and floor mats. Purchased over the phone from an internet ad for $5995 which was much cheaper than I found anywhere else. Email for dealer name if you want.
gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-07-19 8:30 AM (#28230 - in reply to #28212)

Veteran

hello

not trying to be a know it all but none of the norstar owners

said this, norstar is made by Cimarron trailers not CM they both build a great trailer

good luck

jeffghs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-07-19 8:52 AM (#28235 - in reply to #28230)

Veteran

Gus,

Cimarron was a line expanded out of CM for the all-aluminum line.   It was founded by the Jacksons (Founders of CM) and the Terrys (Current owners of Cimarron).  This past year (2004) the Terrys bought the company out in whole, so the full Aluminum line all transferred to Cimarron, with the steel and aluminum/steel lines remaining with CM.  So, in response, CM did produce the Norstar line for a couple of years and you will still find some Norstars branded as CM trailers.

Buddy,

It may help a little to know what line you are looking at.  I have had a 4h CM Drover SSL for the past year and have been very happy with it.  I recently went to a full living quarters trailer, so I am selling the CM, but it certainly has nothing to do with quality issues or anything else.  It is one of the easiest trailers I have experienced.  Great step in height, great width etc.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-07-19 9:08 AM (#28237 - in reply to #28212)

Veteran

yes you got it spot on that is the reason i posted so the person would know because not all the CM dealers that carried norstar have them now as i said they are both very good trailers i have sold product to Cimarron for years
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-07-19 10:22 AM (#28246 - in reply to #28212)

Extreme Veteran

I too did A LOT of research before buying my 05 Cimarron Norstar... 3H slant w/6 ft SW dress (soon - ok eventually  - to be LQ)

I LOVE this trailer and so to my horses - Both were always good haulers, but always took a few minutes to load into the my old 2H tag - and My filly had "issues" hauling in the small trailer... both readily load into this trailer with no problem at all and are quite happy to wait on the trailer too - they used to fuss to get off as soon as we got there - not any more. Some of that is just the design (large slant load) - but whatever it is - we've all very pleased with the trailer.

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-07-19 2:03 PM (#28264 - in reply to #28212)

Extreme Veteran

I purchased a lightly used '04 Cimarron Norstar LQ several months ago and I am very happy with it. I'd say the quality of the trailer is very high.

-Betty
FordLvr
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-20 8:39 AM (#28299 - in reply to #28212)

I bought a used 2002 CM Norstar earlier this year. What an awesome trailer. Strong clean welds, grease fittings on "every" hinge including the windows and many more pluses as already mentioned. I think all the major manufacturers are making good trialers these days but the Norstar is slightly superiour in craftsmanship and strength. I bought the trailer with the glass broken out of one of the drop down windows. I called Cimmaron since they now make the Norstar. They got me a new window in 3 days for a real low price. The rep at Cimmaron told me they have always made the Norstar model for CM in thier plant since the beginning of CM in 2000. It was CM's only 100% aluminum model. Last year they bought out the Norstar name from thier partners and now sell the Norstar under thier own name. The Norstar use to be the top of the line trailer for CM. Check out Cimmarons web site. The Nortar is now available in red black or white with a stainless sideing option. The rep told me the 2006 models will have a polished aluminum option where every piece of aluminum, including trim will be polished to a mirror like finish. I am so impressed with my Nortar that when the day comes to buy a new trailer, it will definitly be a new Norstar.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)