'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
EXISS TRAILERS

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-07 9:05 PM
11 replies, 5155 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

FordLvr
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-06 8:37 AM (#27663)
Subject: EXISS TRAILERS

I have a friend looking to upgrade frm a Sooner 4 horse GN with small front tack to a full living quarter. She found an EXISS 12ft short wall 2004 4 horse she loves. She asked me about quality of EXISS so I told her I would ask your alls opinions since my experience is limited to Sooner and CM. The dealer is trying to talk her into a newer more exspensive Sundowner saying Exiss has a history of leaking roofs. I think he may just have his profit in mind. So what does everyone think? Any thing good or bad she should know about EXISS w/living quarters?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laxpatrick
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-07-06 8:42 AM (#27664 - in reply to #27663)
Subject: RE: EXISS TRAILERS

Veteran

Solid, well built trailer based on the ones I've looked through and have heard good things from friends who run them. If it's newer, I'd be less concerned about roof leakage - inspect thoroughly.

As good as a sooner? Maybe, maybe not - many opinions there. I'd say that Exiss is one of the most popular "better" trailers around these parts (4 Star, Sooner, Exiss, Kiefer, Featherlite, etc).

LAXPatrick
kat
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-06 9:40 AM (#27669 - in reply to #27663)

I have an 04 3H Exiss Sport with small LQs. I have had zero trouble with roof leaks. In fact we got caught in a stout storm on the lot at DHMCO and hung out in the trailer for about an hour, waiting on the squall to quit- no leaks. This was a demo trailer they hauled to many expos, etc over the year and it didn't develop any leaks along the way.

For the money, I love this trailer. We've been on many trips in the short time I've owned in (Feb 05) and I've yet to find a real complaint with it.

FordLvr
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-06 9:48 AM (#27671 - in reply to #27669)

Thank you both for your input. I told my friend that since it was a 2004 she should not have any trouble with the roof. If it has everything she wants then why not save a little money and by used. Keep the opinions coming. Anyone else have good/bad experiences with EXISS?
Erin_CBT
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-06 9:50 AM (#27672 - in reply to #27663)

If she liked her Sooner, she should like an Exiss. They are both made by Universal Trailer Manufacturing in El Reno, OK.

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-06 11:17 AM (#27681 - in reply to #27663)

Expert

They ALL get leaks eventually.  There is no such thing as perfect.  Any seam or penetration is a potential roof leak.  AND then there are windows and wall side seams....  Sales puffery   Bahh humbug !!
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-07-06 12:16 PM (#27684 - in reply to #27663)

Expert

I bought a use Exiss and am satified with it. there is a small leak in the midtack area. I know fo another friend who had a small leak as well in her Exiss. however, like a previous poster said, they all develope something. I d a Trails West that had a worse leak around a window. if its from a dealer, ask if they are willing to fix any leaks, then get it in writing.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-06 1:53 PM (#27689 - in reply to #27663)

Extreme Veteran

I bought an '03 Exiss Event this spring through a dealer and love it. It has a 6' short walled living quarter and no leaks, no problems. There is a small leak in the horse area, I think coming through from around the roof vent, but it is so small that I don't care at this point. I know of quite a few people that I show with that have Exiss trailers and they are satisfied. They are quite popular around here in Michigan.
Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-07-06 2:41 PM (#27693 - in reply to #27663)

Veteran

Two of the people I ride with have Exiss trailers. One is a slant load 2H that is more of a "stock type" trailer and has slats on the butt wall. However, the other one is a 2H straight load. The trailer is a 2003 or 2004 and they have had minor leaks since they bought it. I have a 1997 Sundowner that has fewer leaks than theirs. Other than the leaks, they are perfectly happy with it.

Edited by Champhorse 2005-07-06 2:55 PM
barrelracersmom
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-06 9:16 PM (#27714 - in reply to #27663)

New User

In May I  purchased a 1999 4 horse Exiss that had the lq converted by the owner himself.  I love the trailer.  It pulls like a dream , and we ran thru outlying rain from  tropical storm Cindy yesterday and no leaks at all.  I fully expected to find some roof leakage and or window leaks with the blowing rain..but all is dry. I researched all I could find on trailers and an Exiss was what I had determined I wanted.  All my friends either pull CM or Featherlite; so I really had not seen one up close nor had heard anything about them until I started looking.  ,
Mama C
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-07 6:20 PM (#27757 - in reply to #27663)

New User

I am looking at a 2000 "extreme Exiss". The 3/horse trailer has LQ complete with shower/tub, Queen bed, dinette, ect....The person who has the trailer cut the feed mangers out so that he could haul 4-wheelers. He has "everything" that he cut out so that it can be replaced....My question...Does this cause a structural weakness? Is it possible to reweld these in place again without a problem? And are the exiss trailers going to hold up to years of wear? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-07 9:05 PM (#27759 - in reply to #27663)

Extreme Veteran

I doubt that having the mangers cut out will cause a structural problem. If you choose not to have them put back in look for any sharp edges that may have been left behind. I've never heard of someone doing that, removing them, but hey, if you need to haul the 4 wheelers, have at her. How big of deal to put them back in?  Probably not as big of deal as taking them out. Sounds like a PITA to me but if the price is right and the trailer is in good condition, why not. I have a friend who has  '99 Exiss and her trailer is in super condition, and she hauls many miles. If the trailer has been well taken care of you should have many more years to enjoy it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)