'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Wall mat or lining for trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-30 12:37 PM
4 replies, 4116 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

zazzy
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-06-28 11:25 PM (#27332)
Subject: Wall mat or lining for trailer

Regular

My little combo-stock trailer is single walled, has good floor mats, but nothing on the wall. I'd like to get something up for two reasons - one to protect the steel and two to reduce the vibration noise. I am not too thrilled with putting up plywood, so how do you go about putting up mats on the wall? Where do you buy them and how are they secured? I have also heard about putting the spray in pickup bedliner stuff, but I wonder if that is quite expensive. Any ideas for a "budget" do it yourself project that will still protect the trailer?thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-06-29 8:21 AM (#27350 - in reply to #27332)
Subject: RE: Wall mat or lining for trailer

Expert

ever heard of rumber? its somekind of recycled rumber/plastic. ive got it on my tralier walls, its a nice, although somewhat pricey, alternative to wood. valley vet sells it in 4footx8footx3/16inch sheets for around $85 delivered. as for attaching it, id have to see youre trailer, but it can be screwed or riveted to the uprights.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-29 9:44 AM (#27353 - in reply to #27332)

Expert

You can  to a farm/ranch store and get a large roll of cheap floor mats.  Clean the walls, then spray an adhesive that will work between your surfaces and stick your mats to the wall after you have cut them to size.  Then you can rivet through the mats to hold them on if needed.  Always caulk some silicone around the edges to seal them.  You'd hate to have a wall rust out because a pocket of moisture/air was left unchecked for years!
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-29 1:07 PM (#27374 - in reply to #27353)

Expert

Since you say you have a limited budget, I recommend plywood. Get the stuff for exterior (will have exterior glue within the layers) with 1 side "good"... put that good side to the inside of the trailer.

If you put rubber mats in the trailer, you will trap moisture behind them, plus they will add a great deal of weight to your trailer and be harder to "hang".

Use large washers and nuts and bolts to install the plywood. (so that you can "cap" the bolts where they will stick out on the outside of the trailer). 

I would also recommend priming or applying urethane to all the wood before you install it. Wood is a good thing to use inside a trailer. Use a water-proof adhesive and seal around all the edges of the wood too.

You can also purchase a thin rumber-like material from ValleyVet.com  supplies to put in over the wood. They sell pads for the stalls of the trailer too. Look them up.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-06-30 12:37 PM (#27423 - in reply to #27332)

Expert

Plywood would work fine, install it then spray it down with thompsons or olympic clear water sealer. This will protect it and it looks good too. Easy to apply, spray it on with a garden sprayer, apply several times so it soaks in good, sealer is clear and will leave the wood in a natural finish.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)