'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
problems with brenderup

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-28 3:41 AM
9 replies, 5592 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Vilhelmi
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-26 9:09 AM (#27119)
Subject: problems with brenderup

New User

Hello!

I´m a horseowner from North-Europe, Finland. Last week I had my first trailer, a used Brenderup Solo. Now I have a problem, because I don´t know how to release the chest bar. ( or is it called "chest bar", I mean the bar or boom in front of the trailer!?!)

Once I was in an accident where horse jumped to the bar and it was frightful. Now I don´t dare do anything until I know how to release it. I don´t have a user manual and I bougt the trailer from Germany- far away.

In Finland I don´t know anyone who has Brenderup, so I hope someone can help me in this problem. Sorry if my english is not so good...

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vilhelmi
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-26 1:26 PM (#27130 - in reply to #27119)
Subject: RE: problems with brenderup

New User

Here is a picture:

http://tomstown.pointclark.net/mintunkuvia/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=8

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-26 8:03 PM (#27157 - in reply to #27119)

Extreme Veteran

Here is a website on Brenderup trailers.

http://www.brenderuprealtrailers.com/ 

You may be able to contact this site and see if they can help you. The other option is to look up Brenderup trailers on here, under "Horse Trailers" and find a dealer who could help you out even though you are in Finland.

Welcome to the board! Lot's of good info on here to help you!

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-27 7:53 AM (#27175 - in reply to #27119)

Expert

It looks as if the chest bar is withdrawn from outside the trailer, so I would expect a retaining mechanism of some sort, probably at the opposite end of the bar.

Somewhere on the Danish Brenderup site there is a "request info" button, though I suspect that it might only be for sales info.
Published tech info seems to be limited to overall physical dimensions.
I think I'd contact them and request an owner's manual.

http://www.brenderup.dk

Telefon +45 6342 2200

Edited by Reg 2005-06-27 8:02 AM
arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-06-27 9:24 AM (#27191 - in reply to #27119)
Subject: Doesn't sound like the Brenderup has a problem . . .

Veteran

Doesn't sound like the Brenderup has a problem . . . The outside tie ring is also the nut that holds the breast bar in place. To remove the breast bar stick a strong screwdriver or a tire iron in the tie ring and turn it. It will spin off and the breast bar will release. Enjoy your trailer. It is a nice one. Email the folks in Midland, TX USA (Brenderuprealtrailers.com) or in Denmark ( brenderup.dk) and ask them to send you a manual. They are wonderfully helpful people. I suspect they will send you one for just a couple of $$. Arroyoseccofarm

Edited by arroyoseccofarm 2005-06-27 9:34 AM
Heavy Horse
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-27 1:37 PM (#27221 - in reply to #27119)

I don't know if it comes loose in the one horse trailer...the two horse model does to adjust the height from horse to horse, but not as a "safety feature". I agree with the check with Midland advice, but I thought the one horse trailer had a fixed chect bar.
Heavy Horse
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-27 1:42 PM (#27222 - in reply to #27119)

The trailers in Finland may be different than the US ones. They upgrade the sides and lights here and do things that may not be on your trailer. I'd find out where that one cam from originally.
Heavy Horse
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-27 1:47 PM (#27224 - in reply to #27119)

Last response, ha ha. Brenderup Solo DOES have release/adjust here(US), but some of the older models are different. It is on the inside...a small bar/handle that you pull up on. Change height and push rod back in on both sides. That is for newer Solos..not sure what you have.Best of luck!
verushka
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-27 2:01 PM (#27225 - in reply to #27119)

Regular

You may want to take a photo of your trailer chest bar inside and out and email it to Chris in Texas. The Brenderup folks there are always very helpful.
Vilhelmi
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-28 3:41 AM (#27261 - in reply to #27119)

New User

Thank you very much for your answer. It´s funny to get answers from thousans of miles away!

Maybe I´ll try to get a manual. At the moment the Danish Brenderup site isn´t working properly. 

This trailer is over 10 year old and there is not any "chestbar relase system" inside, only this litle ring outside. I have tried to turn the ring by using a screwdriver but the chest bar also turns with the nut, maybe it´s rusty. And because I wasn`t sure if there was some other system I did´t dare to use force.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)