'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
anyone know anything about a Topha trailer?-update on name Top Hand

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-04 2:22 PM
4 replies, 3451 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shadowsfires
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-25 10:16 PM (#27110)
Subject: anyone know anything about a Topha trailer?-update on name Top Hand

I'm looking to buy a two horse straight load and its made in 1969, but its in pretty good condition. Is very strong looking with double steel walls, although it does need work. Seems to be a trailer that had all the bells and whistles for something built back in 1969. Anyone know anything about them?

Edited by shadowsfires 2005-06-28 11:23 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
shadowsfires
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-28 11:22 PM (#27331 - in reply to #27110)
Subject: anyone know anything about a Topha trailer?

OK I went and looked at it today-and gave it a bath too, wow was it covered in green stuff so bad that the roof looked green instead of the light brown it is painted. It does need paint bad but its not as rusty as I thought. I uncovered a metal plate that says its a Top Hand Trailer out of Arizona. It was endorsed by Larry Mahan so I guess its pretty well made. We also discoved it has brakes. And the tires are is VERY good shape, lots of tread and no cracks. Now to get an adapter for lights.
gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-06-29 1:17 AM (#27337 - in reply to #27110)
Subject: RE: anyone know anything about a Topha trailer?-update on name Top Hand

Extreme Veteran

Do a search on this forum about what to look for when buying a used trailer. There is tons of great info about all the things to check with any brand. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the name Top Hand, but a thorough inspection of any used trailer will pay off in the long run. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
shadowsfires
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-29 3:07 AM (#27338 - in reply to #27110)

Thank you. Yes so far it does seem to be a really decent trailer. I will be taking it in and having it looked at tomorrow. Thanks again.
shadowsfires
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-04 2:22 PM (#27575 - in reply to #27110)

Well I used it this weekend and it hauled wonderfully. Much easier than my old trailer and my horse loved it,javascript:smilie',''); was more relaxed and not a sweaty mess. Now I just need to sand blast & paint it. Good thing hubby is a painter.:smilie('','');

Edited by shadowsfires 2005-07-04 2:24 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)