'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Fair price on trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-27 11:31 AM
4 replies, 3518 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Roxy's Run
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-06-23 8:59 PM (#27005)
Subject: Fair price on trailer?

I hope that you guys could help me out here.  I have a 1981 Kingston gooseneck 2 horse trailer with dressing room and I don't know what is a fair asking price for it.  It is a great strong sturdy trailer but the exterior does show its age a bit.  The dressing room has air conditioning and freshly painted and stained wood.  The wiring is all new, all lights work, solid floor, etc.  It is just too big for my needs and I NEVER use the dressing room.  So I would like to sell this one and get a new bumper pull stock trailer which is more suited to my needs.  If you are interested in seeing pictures and all the information, please go to my web site at: http://www.geocities.com/linstrauss/Picture_Page.html

I'm asking $2,500 for it.  Is this too much?  Thanks for any advise.

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

www.geocities.com/linstrauss

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-24 12:39 AM (#27018 - in reply to #27005)
Subject: RE: Fair price on trailer?

Expert

Sounds fair.  You might want some better pictures...the inside looks really dark, which older trailers are by nature.  It'd sell faster with some well lit pictures showcasing it's huge size inside the horse area.
Roxy's Run
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-06-26 7:42 PM (#27153 - in reply to #27005)

Thanks Huntseat.  I agree that the pictures are kind of dark.  So I took some new ones today and they are a little bit better as far as brightness in the horse compartment. A bunch of people have looked at my web site these past few days, but no one has asked about it or even commented on it or my asking price.  I did receive one E-mail stating that my price seemed fair to her also.  I think the thing that is a major turn off from the trailer is its age and its looks.  Which is a shame because it is a great strong trailer.  It is just too big for me and my needs with the miniature horses.  Again, thanks for your reply.

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-26 8:00 PM (#27155 - in reply to #27005)

Extreme Veteran

Don't be too worried about not getting any hits on it yet. It is a strong, solid trailer and appears to be in well cared for condition. I think $2500 is reasonable. Have you thought about trading it in and letting the dealer sell it? Or see about having the trailer put on a dealer's lot on consignment. The right buyer will come along. Sometimes the best sale comes through word of mouth. Good luck!!!

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-27 11:31 AM (#27204 - in reply to #27005)

Expert

It looks to be a good value for that price.

What could be a problem (one that I had), is that the new trucks, particularly those with 4x4, are too tall for the older GNs - so be prepared to answer how high the bottom of the sleeping area is from the ground, when it's level.

It also appears that there are no pop-up vents in the horse area? That would account for what looks like rust on the ceiling on the driver's side. 

I think this would be a great weekend trail riding or weekend show trailer. You need to know how much it weighs EMPTY (including that in your ad will be helpful and might reduce your emails / phone calls).

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)