'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tack room configurations on LQ trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-27 8:14 AM
8 replies, 4034 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-06-23 8:15 PM (#27000)
Subject: Tack room configurations on LQ trailers

Elite Veteran

Those of you that have gooseneck trailers with living quarters, do you find the rear tack is enough room? I am thinking it would be nice to have a side or mid tack in addition to the rear tack if the front area is configured for living quarters. Would sure like to hear from somebody who has been there/done that before making a trailer selection.

Edited by headhunter 2005-06-23 8:19 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-06-24 11:42 AM (#27040 - in reply to #27000)
Subject: RE: Tack room configurations on LQ trailers

Extreme Veteran

I think it depends on how much stuff you take with you. I have always just had a rear tack. But I usually take only one horse, and sometimes haul a second horse for a friend. That leaves my front stall, which has a stud wall, for hay, shavings, ice chest, etc...

If I hauled two or three horses all the time, I would want a half tack or mid-tack, so I could use the empty rear tack for hay/shavings, etc...

If you don't get a mid or half tack, be sure & get the stud wall.

-Betty
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-06-24 4:03 PM (#27060 - in reply to #27040)

Extreme Veteran

I'll agree with that. We usually haul only 2 horses at any given time and our rear tack has plenty of room for all our tack even with the water tank in it. For the larger items we do like bjhouten and use our 1st stall to haul our hay, feed, generator, scooter what ever we can fit (not all at the same time mind you. I built our divider and there will eventually be a cowboy shower back there and I'm also going to hang some hooks up high on the butt side of that particular stall. I also have dee rings at each corner and on the slant wall for tieing things down if need be.

Safe Riding,
Todd

Snickers
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-06-24 8:40 PM (#27073 - in reply to #27000)

Veteran

We have both the rear tack and a mid tack. Won't go to the barn and measure but think it's only a 2 ft. short wall. Closet in that space. All tack except saddles go there as well as brushes, extra halters,lead ropes. rubber boots, incase it gets muddy plus rain gear.lawn chairs,tables LP lantern and grill. We bought an assembly that consists of 4or 5 baskets this just inside the entry door and brushes sheets etc. are stored there. Have door to the bathroom so, if it really gets sloppy you can enter the midtack remove the muddy boots and wet raingear then enter trailer kinda clean/dry. Nope, would not buy another trailer without the midtack. Ours does not have a door to the horse area I think that would be a waste of space but thats only my opinon

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-25 8:43 AM (#27078 - in reply to #27000)

Expert

I think it depends on how long you are on the road and how much stuff you need to take.  I have a 3H, 3' mid tack with access door into the LQ (not the horse area because I use my first stall to haul shavings , hay, manure cart, yada yada, so I wouldn't even be able to get a door open into the horse area).  I do show though and cart along 3 saddles, mutliple headstalls, blankets, etc. so the extra room is very important to me.  I also love the 3' over a 2' because I can keep my saddles in the mid tack and I use the mid as a mud room too.
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-26 5:37 PM (#27149 - in reply to #27000)

Veteran

When I ordered my 4 Star shell for an 8 ft wide trailer I ordered the horse load door the size that comes on a 7 ft wide trailer. That made the tack room a whole foot wider. I also had another 6 inches put in the tack area. Customize the rear tack with what you would use. Get blanket bars if you would use them. I also put blanket bars in the first stall on the bulk head wall. I just sold this trailer and have a 8 ft wide with a small rear tack and a lot of wasted space in the back stall. I miss the space in the tackrom.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-26 8:10 PM (#27159 - in reply to #27000)

Extreme Veteran

Debated over a 2H GN and a 3H GN with a 6' short walled living quarters. I usually only haul one horse so didn't want a real long trailer. I decided on a 3H and have turned the 1st stall into my so called mid-tack. I have a walk-thru door(love that!) going from the 1st stall to the LQ. While the rear tack serves as the place for saddles and such, the 1st stall I keep a big rubbermaid tote for all the non-horsey stuff. Plus there is a place to hang things on wall. I love the extra room and the length of the trailer doesn't bother me. I don't think you can ever have too much storage room in a horse trailer.

My friend has a mid-tack and I know she loves that!

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-06-27 7:32 AM (#27173 - in reply to #27000)

Expert

I have the midtack and me thinks its great. I haul most of my extra barn stuff in the first stall but use the midtack for more clothes, porta potty and other stuff.  It doesn't add alot of lenght to a trailer but give you more room.  go for it
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-06-27 8:14 AM (#27177 - in reply to #27000)

Expert

Got a 7" dressing room with a 4' short wall x 7' long wall mid tack. Carry all the show tack, cloths, pottie, saddles etc. in the mid tack, live in the dressing room. Tack stays alot cleaner in the mid tack. Got walk thru doors from dressing room to mid tack and from mid tack to horse compt. Rear tack has generator, 25 gallon corner water tank, buckets, rakes, fork, shovel, extra mat for crossties at show grounds, water pump w/ hose and nozzle, lawn chairs etc. and it all won't fit in there but one way! Trailer is a Silver Star Star Lite Supreme, model #2033 MA three horse slant, total length 33', 25' on the floor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)