'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Pwr?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-23 6:28 PM
6 replies, 3530 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

FordLvr
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-22 8:46 AM (#26917)
Subject: Trailer Pwr?

My wife and I recently bought an almost new CM Norstar 4 horse gooseneck. What an awesome trailer. We camped in it at a recent CT event in the NC Mountains and discovered a problem I need to resolve. No lights! Our AC unit has a hookup on the side of the trailer, which we used, but the trailer lights are wired only to the truck hookup. We did not have a lantern so it was very dark that night. Is there a converter to knock the 115 vac down to 12 vdc? The AC hookup has an electrical junction box inside the trailer where it passes through the trailer wall. I'm hoping I can tap into the 115 vac there, run to the converter, then trough a cutout switch and then run that to the 12 vdc panel where the truck hookup cable is wired. That way when we camp, its just a mater of unhook the truck, plug in the 115ac cable, flip the switch and we have AC and lights. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Edited by FordLvr 2005-06-22 9:52 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-22 10:18 AM (#26922 - in reply to #26917)
Subject: RE: Trailer Pwr?

Veteran

hello

i use a marine battery and ran wires to the trailer fixed a battery box up at the nose of the trailer.i have had friends

that burned up those converters it is also very easy to run some 110 lights inside with a braker box you should have one for the ac hope i helped

paintpaddy
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-06-22 10:26 PM (#26952 - in reply to #26917)

If you have a nearly new CM with living quarters and the interior lights don't work, you better look for a master switch. Our CM Norstar has a master switch in the battery box behind the battery itself. With the switch off and the truck unhooked, we don't have any 12 volt power in the trailer at all. This switch prevents the trailer from draining the battery when you're not using the trailer.

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-23 7:41 AM (#26958 - in reply to #26917)

Veteran

sorry for my post i did not know it was LQ
FordLvr
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-23 10:18 AM (#26966 - in reply to #26952)

Our trailer has the extended tack area for a small living quarter with the big picture window curb side but is currently just a shell with roof mounted AC..We have a mattress, small sleeper couch and cabnet we put in ourselves. Just plan on useing it as a weekender type setup. That is why I was inquiring if anyone had thoughts or ideas for getting the lights to work when camped since they are only wired to truck hook-up. Thanks for the advise so far. Keep it coming!
gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-23 10:23 AM (#26967 - in reply to #26917)

Veteran

hello again

i thought that is what you were doing i have done the samething again it is easy to wire up lights and plugs inside

for 110 and fix a battery for the 12 volt would be glade to talk

to you on this i do not do will on this one eyed monster

goog luck

rick

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-06-23 6:28 PM (#26992 - in reply to #26917)

Veteran

I added a box to the front wall of the trailer and instaled a deep discharge battery.  The truck keeps it charged when I am on the road and I can go a long time with just the lights on when it is not hooked uo to the truck.  If it starts to run down I just hook up my battery charger and we start all over.  I have some pictures on my web site.

Good Luck

Tutfa

http://home.earthlink.net/~dheismann/

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'