'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
on board generator for LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2022-06-02 2:12 PM
1 replies, 2352 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kacy1102
Reg. Jun 2022
Posted 2022-06-02 2:11 PM (#185311)
Subject: on board generator for LQ

New User

We just bought a 2001 16' short wall trailer last night and it did not come with a generator (which is fine I knew it wouldn't). Our previous trailer was a 10' sw and we had a portable generator that we kept in the front horse stall since we didn't haul horses in that one. This trailer has a spot for an on board generator in one of the manger compartments and it has the wiring ran to there to use. i'm looking and researching on board generators and the only brand i am coming across is onan (which i know is a reputable brand) and at about $3500-4000. i know good isn't cheap and cheap isn't good but is this the average price point or is there a better option? or do you have an onboard generator and wish you had gone with a portable? I still have the option to keep a portable one in the front stall if i want to, but I hate the one we currently have so it will be getting sold with my old trailer. thoughts, opinions, etc please? what size/power should I look for to comfortably power a 16' sw? the one i have now is just enough for the 10'sw and it is nice and quiet but only holds enough fuel for 6 hours so it is a pain in the rear!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kacy1102
Reg. Jun 2022
Posted 2022-06-02 2:12 PM (#185312 - in reply to #185311)
Subject: RE: on board generator for LQ

New User

pic of new trailer for reference on generator storage area

(trailer2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments trailer2.jpg (71KB - 3 downloads)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)