'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Can you haggle with a dealer on a used trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2022-03-19 11:49 AM
1 replies, 1459 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

OnABudget
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2022-03-14 10:08 AM (#185202)
Subject: Can you haggle with a dealer on a used trailer?

Found a trailer I like at a dealership and I am aware the market is insane right now, but they are asking $2k more than the trailer cost brand new. Said trailer is 8 years old and the manufacturer went out of business.

Is it considered rude to attempt to haggle? The same dealer last year sold a trailer of the same brand but was a three horse slant instead of 2 horse straight and had more windows for only $1k more than they are asking for this one. Has anyone ever had success haggling with a dealer? I was hoping to knock it back down to what it had cost new.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2022-03-19 11:49 AM (#185215 - in reply to #185202)
Subject: RE: Can you haggle with a dealer on a used trailer?

Elite Veteran

Sure you can. All they can do is say no. But with that, like houses right now, what it cost new doesn't have a lot of reflection on what market value is today. Like you, I have seen several 4-7 year old nice bumper pulls bringing what they did new. But I don't think that trend will continue either.  
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)