'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
NOOOOOO! It STILL leaks!!!!!!&#@*Bison

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-20 11:21 PM
9 replies, 5645 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-12 9:11 AM (#26397)
Subject: NOOOOOO! It STILL leaks!!!!!!&#@*Bison

Elite Veteran

Well, we went to a show Saturday and everything was great. Came home and parked it till Sunday morning. Of course it rained overnight, so I went out and checked to see how things held up. I opened the door and there is water running down the ceiling seam and the wall. UUGHHHH! Will it ever end, can they actually make a Bison roof not leak? I hope so, or my insurance company, and Gieseke RV in Kokomo aren't going to like me much. LSR was not taxed with fixing the leaks, just the LQ, so I hold no ill will there.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-06-12 4:10 PM (#26409 - in reply to #26397)
Subject: RE: NOOOOOO! It STILL leaks!!!!!!&#@*Bison

Expert

The dealer didn't get it fixed?  That's awfull.  I hope they can/will fix it.
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-12 5:07 PM (#26413 - in reply to #26397)

Expert

Originally written by efaubert1 on 2005-06-12 9:11 AM

Well, we went to a show Saturday and everything was great. Came home and parked it till Sunday morning. Of course it rained overnight, so I went out and checked to see how things held up. I opened the door and there is water running down the ceiling seam and the wall. UUGHHHH! Will it ever end, can they actually make a Bison roof not leak? I hope so, or my insurance company, and Gieseke RV in Kokomo aren't going to like me much. LSR was not taxed with fixing the leaks, just the LQ, so I hold no ill will there.

bbbbb bb but .. even "reverse engineering" isn't supposed to work that way.
BACKWARDS !
Somebody should have fixed the leaks BEFORE the LQ was re-finished.
{and tested that they had been effectively fixed}
If your first overnight rainstorm - well, you've probably said it all yourself.

Sorry to hear it, this is truely tragic, especially now that the season is getting underway )-:

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-12 6:04 PM (#26418 - in reply to #26397)

Extreme Veteran

New trailer(different trailer/brand) shining on the horizon maybe? I would be pissed off and shipping that one out..............to sea.
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-13 2:50 PM (#26486 - in reply to #26418)

Expert

Sorry to hear about your woes...

I've discovered something about mine (not a Bison)... when it is parked, and jacked up at an angle - there's hardly any leaks - but when I have it hooked to the truck and it's near level (unloaded) or level, then I have 4 small leaks at what appears to be the 4 corners of one roof panel. When I first saw the pale rust on the inside, I thought it was a result of condensation - but now, with the insulation in, and the center section of ceiling paneled - I can see that it's more likely leaks - plus, I have witnessed the dripping. 

I haven't taken mine in to the dealer just yet... but I will.

My thoughts are that driving over uneven ground, dirt roads, and the slight twisting I witness where the GN is coupled, probably puts the same / similar torque to any and all panels.

Which further leads me to **consider** that perhaps panels that are riveted or bolted (more preferred), with appropriate seals/sealant between, might be a better method of engineering; however - I still think I want a one-piece roof in my "forever" trailer.  I know that bolted panel water tanks suffer far less leaks and are more easily fixed than welded ones...  I'm thinking the same thing about horse trailers - at least you can loosen, apply sealant, and retighten as part of the maintenance, right?

What I am seeing in this trailer and it's line, is a method of manufacture that allows the manufacturer to produce so many "standard" 3H trailers - leaving certain panels as optional configurations - the panel I think is leaking, would be the one that would hold either an a/c unit or roof vent, or as in my case, nothing (I added a roof vent - but in a roof panel farther back - not over the sleeping area.)

So this roof panel has the potential (and, has met that potential I might add), to be a weak point in the roof.

This manufacturing method for THIS model of this brand - is what makes it an affordable trailer, with many great features. (Titan Avalanche 3H GN, fully enclosed with 2 rear doors, no rear tack.)

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-13 3:28 PM (#26491 - in reply to #26397)

Elite Veteran

The RV Dealer and his top fix-it guy came to the house this morning and went to work. They checked everything out and think it may have been coming in around the vent pipe. They re-sealed the vent pipes and the A/C, as well as putting new sealant on the awning assembly at the trailer. Then they hosed her down for 30 minutes and didn't see any leaks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-06-20 4:43 AM (#26788 - in reply to #26397)

Veteran

Wow Ed what rotten luck!

Will the insurance co.

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-06-20 8:19 AM (#26793 - in reply to #26397)

Elite Veteran

Hey Alice,

They got her fixed and the wife and daugter used it this weekend at the show. All is well for the moment.

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-06-20 12:05 PM (#26799 - in reply to #26793)

Expert

Hope they got it fixed for you.
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-06-20 11:21 PM (#26837 - in reply to #26397)

Veteran

Ed,

Don't know what happened with the last post.

If, and pray that it doesn't, happen again I think I would tell to dealership they can buy it back. Then run fast as you can and get a A.S. off the lot. Hope to see you in B.C. soon, high and dry!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)