'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
opinions please

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-10 3:22 PM
3 replies, 3133 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

arabsporthorse
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-09 4:19 PM (#26287)
Subject: opinions please

New User

I am in the process of buying a new trailer and would appreciate any opinions, good and bad.  I currently have an Exiss 4 horse and am upgrading to a 4 horse with around a 10' LQ.  I love my Exiss and would love to get another, but my budget does not allow it.  I am looking at a new Kiefer Built Genesis 4h with an 8'LQ.  I don't really know anything about Kiefer, other than what I have read here.  Any opinions on this particular trailer?  I am also lookng at a couple used trailers - a Sooner, and a Sundowner.  The Kiefer is 7' wide and the others are 8'.  Will this make a lot of difference??  My horses are arab/tb and arab/wb crosses, so they are decent sized (15.3-16.2).  I also have the option of mangers in the Kiefer.  I don't have mangers now, so I won't be missing them if we go without.  Will the horses have enough room with them??  Thanks for any info!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-09 4:55 PM (#26290 - in reply to #26287)
Subject: RE: opinions please

Extreme Veteran

You might miss your Exiss! The Keifers are okay, but there were issues that I had with them that I did not like compared to the Exiss Event.  If I were to buy a trailer with mangers I would purchase an 8' wide. If you buy the Keifer 7' wide with mangers, you will lose alot of room and especially with your size horses.

Have you thought about buying used? Another Exiss maybe? Even a couple years old, you might find something in your budget.

This site is a great place to find one!!

laxpatrick
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-06-10 9:25 AM (#26319 - in reply to #26287)

Veteran

We've got a Genesis 4 horse LQ and we're really happy with it. Our horses are good sized - 14.3, 15.2, yearling and 16.2 draft cross big fella. Our trips are mostly 2-4 hours with a couple of long hauls per year.

We looked at the mangers but couldn't justify the expenditure. They look like they'd be really nice for storage underneath them - very handy but I don't know that you'd get the $$ for them at resale unless the person is a big fan of them.

Construction of the trailer is solid and I've been impressed comparing our newer one with older models. They do a really good job of upgrading/enhancing potential weak points in design.

All good brands you're considering. Let me know if you have any questions specific to the Kiefer Built.

LAXPatrick
cowgirln
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-06-10 3:22 PM (#26350 - in reply to #26287)

Hi!  We really like the Bison trailers.  They are priced reasonable and we have a 3 horse  8 wide with 8 ft living quarters with mangers.  The horses have tons of room with the mangers.  We would not have another trailer without them.  Good luck!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)