'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adding a saddle rack to a Thuro-bilt Spirit

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-06 12:48 PM
1 replies, 5356 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

zazzy
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-06-06 10:26 AM (#26118)
Subject: Adding a saddle rack to a Thuro-bilt Spirit

Regular

I own a little 2004 2H slant Thuro-Bilt Spirit with a separate tack area, sort of.  The tack area has a separate door and is divided from the hauling area by a removable panel so it can be converted to a stock trailer.  The removable panel has bridle hooks and a blanket rack, but nowhere to put a saddle.  I bought it only very lightly used and got a great deal on it.  Before I bought it, I called a local dealership about this model and was told it was no problem to add a saddle rack.  I called back after I bought it and was told it was intended to be more like a stock trailer and they didn't have saddle racks for them and had no advice how to find one. 

Well, I am pretty ignorant about this kind of stuff, but it seems to me I could just buy those little bolt on saddle racks sold by tack stores and make it work.  What I am not sure is how to secure it properly without denting or damaging the metal.  Those western saddles are pretty heavy.  What is the best way to secure them?  I realize that once installed to the main body of the trailer, it is no longer safe as a stock trailer since you wouldn't want the horses getting hooked up on it.  That is okay, since I don't use it as a stock trailer. 

Any advice?  thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-06-06 12:48 PM (#26124 - in reply to #26118)
Subject: RE: Adding a saddle rack to a Thuro-bilt Spirit

Veteran

Go to your local Tractor Supply type store/Ebay and buy a 3-4 free standing saddle rack. I would get one that had a pretty good footprint. Put it in your tack area and bolt it to the wood floor. If you ever get a different trailer you still have a saddle rack for your home tackroom.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)