'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
abcess or bruise ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-21 12:30 AM
0 replies, 2997 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

goldie
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-05-21 12:30 AM (#25403)
Subject: abcess or bruise ?

I have 6yr old paint mare that for the last 3yrs has had an abcess in the same foot same spot. farrier says it cuz of the way she walks, but this year it the opposite foot (usually front left now front right) with the abcess she'll limp a little bit but the next day she cant even walk on it.( i know when she has a abbcess and this doesnt seem like one) with this shes gimpy at a trot this has been going on for 1 1/2 weeks .she has plastic shoes on I noticed the limp checked out her foot notice the nails in the back where missing called farrier and he couldnt find any sore spots or hot spots,put shoe back on he thinks maybe one of the nails didnt fall out and she steped on it  Ive been soaking in epson salt and using iodine then wraping and keeping her stalled for 5 days let her out today(still wrapped) still gimpy not as bad but she had no problem running across pasture at feeding time. what do you think tim to call vet Id like to take her camping next weekend. sorry so long
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)