'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Where To Get Interior Stuff

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-12 5:11 PM
13 replies, 5472 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

foxmoorqhs
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-10 11:19 AM (#24935)
Subject: Where To Get Interior Stuff

We have a big steel trailer that we're planning to gut and remodel.  It has a 10' short wall and is a 6H.  We're debating about giving up one horse stall in order to add a bathroom...haven't made that decision yet.

My question...where can we find inexpensive (of course) cabinets, panelling, fridge, etc to put in the LQ?  I would especially like to find some websites to browse just to get some ideas.  Any and all tips would be appreciated, too.

I was browsing this forum yesterday for the first time and saw the website that someone has done to show updates of their remodel job on a burned out LQ...great site!  It inspired me to start looking online for items in order to get ideas :-)

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-10 1:08 PM (#24939 - in reply to #24935)
Subject: RE: Where To Get Interior Stuff

We are in the process of doing a trailer too. We bought as much as we could from Lowes.....things like insulation, water heater, some paneling, tongue & groove cedar, etc. I also purchased inexpensive supplies online from www.rvsurplussalvage.com and www.bontragers.com. I actually made a trip to Bontragers when I was up north and it was well worth it. You may also check out www.jazzsales.com they have some really cool decorative things. Good luck with your project!
foxmoorqhs
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-10 1:30 PM (#24940 - in reply to #24939)

Thank you so much for the links!  I'm just in the "dreaming" stage right now, but my husband is a welder, so that's a huge benefit to this project.  He was even toying with building his own line of stainless steel trailers, but we have a few too many projects going right now!  I think redoing this trailer will help to give him some design and construction ideas in case he ever does make a brand new trailer.

The nose of our current trailer is too angled, so the only sized mattress that will fit is a twin.  He's planning to reconstruct the front of the nose to make it more "square" and we are hoping to slide in a king sized mattress while the front nose piece is off.  We will see what happens there.

Are you taking pictures of your project?  (Or are you the one who has a website for your project?)  Anyway, seeing these projects come along and seeing the ingenious ideas that folks are coming up with is a real inspiration!  Good luck!

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-05-10 2:25 PM (#24942 - in reply to #24940)

Extreme Veteran

Hi foxmoorqhs,

Welcome to the forums. There are a few of us out here that are doing the interior of our trailers or have done them already. I'm in the process of doing mine and all the sites QHHUS gave you are good for getting supplies. Most of the cabinets in our trailer, I'm building as I go, and paneling over later as they are finished. Also, going to build my doors for them as well. I'm sure the others will post their experiance as well. If you click on my signature at the bottom of the post I have pictures of my install.

Safe Riding,
Todd
foxmoorqhs
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-10 2:41 PM (#24943 - in reply to #24942)

Todd, those are great pictures!  How long is the short wall in your trailer?  Do you have a floor plan of your trailer?  I've looked and looked at the online floor plans and have yet to find one that really trips my trigger.  It will come to me, I'm sure, but I'm always looking for innovative layouts!

Kelly

QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-10 6:43 PM (#24955 - in reply to #24940)

Glad I could help with the links! It sounds like you have some great ideas for your trailer. This is the second trailer that we have done, we learned alot on the first one! The one we are currently working on is an 6 ft SW, 8 ft wide trailer. So far, its coming out really nice. We have sort of done some of our work backwards so that I can use it at the same time. For instance we went ahead and put the shower and couch in without totally finishing the walls.

I don't have a website but I have some pics of the first trailer after it was finished and I also have one of the couch we put in our new trailer. If you want to see them, I would be more than happy to email them to you.
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-05-10 6:45 PM (#24956 - in reply to #24935)

Extreme Veteran

We did everything fom scratch.  It's all custom made/fit.  We found it easier that way.
We bought most supplies from Home Depot (lumber, plumbing, insulation, etc)
Jazz Sales has some okay stuff but no price list which really hacks me off.  I refuse to sit on hold to get price quotes.  They need to make it consumer friendly.  They lost me as a customer just because of the hassle.

You just gotta jump in and do it.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=32

Edited by Dawnya 2005-05-10 6:50 PM
2burkeboys
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-05-10 7:30 PM (#24957 - in reply to #24956)

I have the price list from Jazz Sales. I'll e-mail it to anyone that requests it. I've only had it a couple of months so it should still be current.  
foxmoorqhs
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-10 8:35 PM (#24959 - in reply to #24955)

I would love to see the pics!  You can email them to me at foxmoorqhs@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Kelly

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-05-10 9:27 PM (#24961 - in reply to #24935)

Veteran

I had a lot of time to shop and decide what I was going to use.  I bought my 20 Gal water tank and my 12Volt pump from Ebay at http://motors.listings.ebay.com/Other-Vehicle-Parts_RV-Trailer-Camper-Parts_

I built my own cabinets bu purchased my doors from http://stores.ebay.com/DOORSANDPULLS Paneling and ceiling from Lowe's as well as formica for the counter top and table.  Table hardware was from camper choice.com.  Interior lights and wiring switch from Ebay.

My trailer is a Hart three horse with a 4 ft short wall, so I just built a weekend camper.  The most challenging issue I faced was what to do with the grey water.  I did not want to mount a tank under the trailer, so I places a 5 gal container under the sink and devised a sump pump from a WalMart bilge pump, and some plumbing parts.  Now I can run the sink and when needed, I pump the water out.

Good Luck on your design.

Turfa

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-05-11 12:59 PM (#24980 - in reply to #24961)

Extreme Veteran

Hey Turfa,

Would love to see some pics of yours. We have an identical trailer. PM me.

Peace,
Todd
ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-05-11 8:38 PM (#25001 - in reply to #24935)

Regular

The nose of my trailer V's to the front...put a twin size mattress in the middle and buy foam that is the same thickness and then fill in the sides to make up the space on the sides.....I cover mine with a queen size bedspread. I cut the foam with a hand held meat cutter and it zips right through it.  I found the foam ALOT cheaper on Ebay than anywhere....including shipping...about 1/2 price.  I've got pictures if you want to email me and look.
foxmoorqhs
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-12 10:20 AM (#25017 - in reply to #25001)

Yes, that's what our trail nose is like!  I like how you have it done in white to help brighten (and enlarge) the area.  What brand is yours? 

My husband has looked it over and said that he only needs about $85-$100 worth of materials in order to change the front end of our trailer.  I think we're going to try it.  I have complete faith in his skills and I know that if it were something that wouldn't work, he would admit it.  He's usually not a Tim-The-Toolman-Taylor type!!  LOL

ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-05-12 5:11 PM (#25029 - in reply to #24935)

Regular

Mine is a 92 Diamond D 4H slant, double tack, 7 ft tall, 24 ft on the floor. The V nose helps with wind for better pulling...don't forget. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)