'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Estimate to repair LQ. OH MY LORD!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-04 11:44 AM
9 replies, 6234 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-03 2:24 PM (#24655)
Subject: Estimate to repair LQ. OH MY LORD!!

Elite Veteran

Well, the repair estimate for my 8ft LQ Bison Alumasport with water damage came back and man, I could not believe it. First, they say they have to replace all the cabinetry because the cabinets I have are discontinued and the LQ Company, Bearcat, went out of business after 25+ years. Drumroll please, buzzzzzzzz, $8273!!!!!

My Insurance adjuster didn't bat an eye, and said they may just total the trailer depending on their final valuation and sell it to me for salvage cost and cut me a check. Mind you, there is no damage, other than normal wear and tear, beyond the LQ, no dents, horse area is fine, no structural damage. So I will know tomorrow how it turns out.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-05-03 8:28 PM (#24676 - in reply to #24655)
Subject: RE: Estimate to repair LQ. OH MY LORD!!

Veteran

Wow!!!  That's insane.  If they total it, will they give you enough $$ to make it worthwhile???

Michelle

shawneerider
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-05-03 11:33 PM (#24689 - in reply to #24655)

I've got some friends in Southern Ill. that bought a new Bison, and the roof leaked, and the trailer was brand new, they had quite a squabble with the company, but they finally agreed to replace the roof, and roof only,,,,,good luck
Palmetto
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-04 8:35 AM (#24700 - in reply to #24655)

efaubert1,

What cause your water damage?  I assume is was a leaking roof?

Are the fiberglass roofs more prone to leaks over the solid aluminum roofs?

Thanks

Palmetto

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-04 9:09 AM (#24705 - in reply to #24655)

Elite Veteran

Palmetto(?),

Yes the fiberglass roofs that are not all one piece molded SUCK! Because they have seams, and as the trailer goes down the road and the it twists it loosens the seal on that seam, and then the caulk dries up, and on, and on, and on.....

An aluminum roof with welds, or a 3-piece roof with the two outside cove/rolled over the edge pieces, covered down the center by one piece is better because you seams are in line with the trailers normal slope and the 2 layers are actually overlapped, not butt seemed.

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-05-04 10:17 AM (#24709 - in reply to #24655)

Extreme Veteran

So your insurance is paying for a manufacturing flaw? I wouldn't have thought they would cover that.

Edited by MBRA518 2005-05-04 10:18 AM
efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-04 10:36 AM (#24712 - in reply to #24655)

Elite Veteran

No, my insurance is not paying for a manufacturers flaw. My seam is not the cause of this damage, i fixed that a long time ago. I was run off the road on the way home on StRd 135 in Brown county and took out a low hanging tree branch with the A/C unit. The unit had a plastic cover and didn't look damaged beyond a crack in the cover that I fixed. What I didn't see, and couldn't see was that the seal broke loose and started allowing water from our massive rains to drain into my ceiling and it soaked into the insulation first, then once that was saturated it started migrating from the ceiling into the cabinets and so forth. I actually checked the trailer after the first two rains after the mishap and didn't see any leakage, as it was still soaking the roof insulation. Then I didn't go back in the trailer for almost 2 months and that's when I found it. The adjuster decided they should do a permanent seam cap on the trailer as well, to avoid future leakage if in fact the trailer is repaired and not salvaged due to value.
efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-04 10:40 AM (#24713 - in reply to #24655)

Elite Veteran

One other note I would like to put here for all those who seem to find the negative side to posts. I have had the same insurance company for 15 years, and have filed one other claim for $600 in 1996 for a damaged quarter panel, so I am not the one driving up insurance cost or trying to scam my insurance carrier. And maybe that's why they have been so helpful and understanding during this process.
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-05-04 11:36 AM (#24714 - in reply to #24655)

Extreme Veteran

oh ok - now I understand - I wasn't implying anything though - just wondering as I didn't know about your accident.

Glad that was the only damage - the thought of an accident in a trailer scares the crap out of me.

That's amazing that the insurance company is being so understanding - I've had my fights with insurance companies on valid claims - then you see them agree to stupid things - like in Toronto an insurance company paid accident benefits (medical) for 3 guys who stole a car, then proceeded to smash it and injure themselves.... It's stuff like that that makes your blood boil!

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-05-04 11:44 AM (#24715 - in reply to #24655)

Elite Veteran

No,no, don't think that second post was aimed at you MBRA, i answered yours in the first round no problem. Just get the feeling there are some people, ones that lurk and only post when they feel the need to belittle because they think they are serving a cause. Your question didn't stir any discomfort, as if you read any of my other post, which you have, the fact that I had a previous manufactures flaw leak would be obvious and maybe arouse one to ask the question you did.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)