'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bear Creek Trail and Sugar Creek Trail in Arkansas

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-09 12:13 PM
3 replies, 3328 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-04-29 3:55 PM (#24494)
Subject: Bear Creek Trail and Sugar Creek Trail in Arkansas

Extreme Veteran

Anyone ever ridden them? Any info on parking and how the roads are getting there would be wonderful. Not camping there just using them for day rides. Staying in a B&B near Hot Springs (see other post in this forum) and found these trails and would like some more info if anyone has it to give.

Thanks in advance,

Safe Riding,
Todd
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RbarL
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-05-04 3:48 PM (#24724 - in reply to #24494)
Subject: RE: Bear Creek Trail and Sugar Creek Trail in Arkansas

Regular

Macwall - Did you go yet?

We have ridden at Bear Creek. It is good for day riding but we camped there. Primitive is all they have.

We have very good friends that live at Royal and ride. We just met with them at Horse Heaven near Talihina, OK for a 3 day weekend ride.

I guess the Bar 50 has really grown and is about the most popular place in Arkansas to ride now. We meet so many people on the trails that have ridden there and love it. We were there when they first opened a few years ago and were not that impressed. My favorite trails in Arkansas are at Sorghum Hollow Horse camp. There is a nice campsite there but it is primitive and attracts ATV's. Lonesome D used to be a good camp but hat really gone downhill lately.

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-05-05 5:25 PM (#24767 - in reply to #24724)

Extreme Veteran

Hi RbarL

Nope haven't gone yet. It'll be the endof may, Memorial Day weekend to be exact. We are staying in a B&B in Royal, Place called Painted Rock Ranch, so we won't be camping, just day riding. Haven't gotten into Arkansas much so I figured it was time to change that, and both these trails do no tseem to far away.

I've heard abunch about the Bar50. Have some folks here locally that like it there so I guess I'll have to go and check that out as well.

Thanks for the info.

Safe Riding,
Todd
RbarL
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-05-09 12:13 PM (#24894 - in reply to #24494)

Regular

Sounds like you have some good plans for riding. There is another place west of there called Mill Creek or something similar. If I can find it, I'll post a link. We went there for a quick looksee but haven't ridden there.

I'll have to ask my friends about the place you are staying. They have some places to ride in that area also. They used to be able to ride in back of their place but the logging company came in a clear cut it. Too many stobs and stumps and things to trip over and it isn't exactly scenic anymore.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)