'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
FInishing the inside of a trailer in cold weather..

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-27 11:47 AM
5 replies, 4184 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-26 10:18 AM (#24322)
Subject: FInishing the inside of a trailer in cold weather..

Expert

Well...  I TRIED to work on the interior of my steel GN this past weekend. The trouble was, my area of Michigan got hit with a wicked winter storm...  82 degrees on Tuesday, then Sat and Sun, in the low 30s and a total accumulation at MY place in excess of 12" of SNOW!! 

SO, the roof of the trailer is being covered with snow and a friend and I were working inside. No heater at that point. It starts "raining" inside the trailer just from our body heat and exhalations of moist breath.  Needless to say, we didn't get much accomplished. One more reason I really like fiberglass roofs (rooves?)...

I did get some portions completed; sorry no pictures. A HUGE thanks  to everyone else who has posted photo albums and told how they did their's... what materials, etc. to use. It's making my go of it much easier.

My friend (another "gal") was having fun too... as she talked to her husband she told him "We've used EVERY power tool gabz has!!"  (jig saw, circular saw, table saw, radial arm saw and of course various power drill / drivers). Too bad the wicked storm took out the electrical mid afternoon on Sunday or I could have gotten even MORE done.  

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jackel440
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-26 11:34 AM (#24330 - in reply to #24322)
Subject: RE: FInishing the inside of a trailer in cold weather..

yeah doesn't this weather just stink!I live down here in indiana just north of kokomo and we had the same thing.I haven't been workn on my trailer either.
Its gettn nicer out so i need to get back to work.good luck with your trailer and once you get it insulated the rain will stop inside.lol
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-26 4:08 PM (#24347 - in reply to #24322)

Extreme Veteran

Gabz

Don't you love MI weather? I live up north of you and we saw some of that white stuff too. Very depressing to be cooped up in the house with it snowing like a son-of-a-gun and light as day out at 8 o'clock at night. Guess it's Mother Nature's last hoorah before she let's go of winter. Last week's summer like weather was a big tease that's for sure.

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-26 5:01 PM (#24355 - in reply to #24347)

Expert

MIFarmBabe... yeah, we were laughing .... all 4 seasons in one week!!  Spring on Monday, Summer on Tues/Wed; Fall on Thursday & Friday; and finally Winter on Sat & Sunday.

Yeah... all that sunlight with snow and low cloud cover - it was light until 8:30 - very bizarre.

phooshh....  I settled into my sleeping bag with my camp lantern and latest issue of Trail Rider, on the floor in front of my fireplace Sunday evening for bed time. ... 

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-04-26 9:14 PM (#24375 - in reply to #24322)

Extreme Veteran

I heard you guys got dumped on - thankfully it missed us (toronto area) - crazy!
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-04-27 11:47 AM (#24393 - in reply to #24375)

Extreme Veteran

Been nice here for the most part, with exception of a tornado or 2 the other day. (sorry, I couldn't resist) :)

Safe Ridng,
Todd
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World