'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
portable mr buddy for heat ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-26 3:47 PM
7 replies, 4847 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

goldie
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-22 10:00 PM (#24205)
Subject: portable mr buddy for heat ?

Hi  everyone I m new here . I have a ? about mr buddy heaters I have a gn 2h corn pro trailer my husband insulated and paneled for me, I tried out the mr buddy heater (cant wait for camping to start) I dont have a roof vent but I do have windows in the sleeping area, I opened them both 1/2 inch turned heater on after 20 minutes or so It got nice and warm but a strong odor  was present and my eyes stated to burn I bought this heater cuz its suppose to be odorless and safe for indoors my husband will be installing a carbon monoxide detector for me has anyone else had this experience?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-04-23 8:12 AM (#24219 - in reply to #24205)
Subject: RE: portable mr buddy for heat ?

Veteran

We had the same experience. Others dont report any problems with the Mr Buddy heaters. We purchased a Olympian Wave heater. Its a catalytic (sp?) type. They are more expensive though. But NO odor. You must still open a window because any heater that burns fuel also burn oxygen.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-23 8:35 AM (#24221 - in reply to #24205)

Extreme Veteran

These heaters have been discussed before on here. Here is a link to previous posts:

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=2691

Cricket
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-26 6:58 AM (#24308 - in reply to #24205)

I use a Buddy heater in my 2h gn 4ft DR It keeps it warm on low setting with no installation, and I have never had any problems with fumes or any ill feelings the next morning. I do leave a window open for ventalation but I do that at home also.

Edited by Cricket 2005-04-26 7:00 AM
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-26 8:26 AM (#24313 - in reply to #24205)

Veteran

I got one of those little ceramic heaters last season. Really heated up our living qtrs. It has a thermostat too which I liked. But need to camp with electricty.
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-26 10:08 AM (#24321 - in reply to #24205)

Expert

Strong odor after using the heater....  First thought is that perhaps if the heater is new, it's burning off any dust or what have you.

BUT...  Did your husband use adhesives (glue) when paneling?  I am thinking that it could be the heat from the heater "activated" the adhesive smell.

I have used a Mr. Heater (I call it Mr. Buddy...) for 3 or 4 years now, in 2 different trailers and have not had any strong odor as a result. 

lucky
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-04-26 10:53 AM (#24325 - in reply to #24205)

Regular

We tried to use our Mr. Buddy heater during hunting season but it kept shutting off.  We had our windows open but the sensor must have detected something that it would shut off.  Our trailer was not insulated either.  We were very disappointed and decided no more camping in the trailer while hunting - we're buying a small wall tent with a wood burning stove.  Camping in the summer where you don't need the heat is fine with the trailer but when you need to dry stuff off and stay warm the wall tent is the way to go. 
Rostrenga
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-04-26 3:47 PM (#24346 - in reply to #24205)

Veteran

My friends and I all use the Mr buddy JR in our horse trailers and have for sometime, we have never had a problem and we all have digital carbon monixide detectors. We camp all winter long in the mountains, and the only complaint I got it on the lowest setting, its still too hot in my LQ. I use mine in lieu of the 12 volt propane furnace because its too loud at night, I get 6 hours on a bottle of propane on low. Also the Mr Buddy will shut off if the low oxygen sensor is tripped, usually if no window is open or you are over 7000 ft elevation. Take it back and get another one before you give up, you may have got a bad one, also there are bad bottles of propane out there as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)