I am making the switch from a steel bumper pull to a 4 horse gooseneck All Aluminum trailer. I am buying used in the 10 - 13K price range. I want to get the best that I can afford, and I need advise on what brands to look at, which ones to avoid ... what features and wear points to look for. What about aluminum floors vs. wood floors. Any advise would be helpful, thank you!"/>
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need Advise! Aluminum trailer brands ...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-26 8:12 AM
7 replies, 4747 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

2TGS
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-20 9:37 PM (#24079)
Subject: Need Advise! Aluminum trailer brands ...

New User

Help! 16  I am making the switch from a steel bumper pull to a 4 horse gooseneck All Aluminum trailer.   I am buying used in the 10 - 13K price range.  I want to get the best that I can afford, and I need advise on what brands to look at, which ones to avoid ... what features and wear points to look for.  What about aluminum floors vs. wood floors.  Any advise would be helpful, thank you!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-04-20 10:41 PM (#24087 - in reply to #24079)
Subject: RE: Need Advise! Aluminum trailer brands ...

Extreme Veteran

My vote is for Silver Star!  Don't know where you're located - They're pretty rare here in Texas, but lots of them on the East Coast.  They are all aluminum and a huge bang for the buck!
I'm so fortunate to have run across mine!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!  (it's the one in my avatar)

http://www.silver-star-trailers.com/

And here's a link to my album.  It has a few pics of my trailer.  FULL ceiling insulation comes on Silver Star trailers.
http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=32

Edited by Dawnya 2005-04-20 10:54 PM
gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-21 12:26 AM (#24093 - in reply to #24079)

Extreme Veteran

There are lots of good quality brands out there. Featherlite, Silverstar, Sooner, Exiss, Hart, 4Star, etc. Your main concern buying used will be structure and function. Some trailers may have better features that may be important to you, and others may be a bit sturdier. Then it's up to you to choose which you want. In the end, your price range and what's available locally may be your deciding factor. As for the wood vs. aluminum floors, I like wood personally. BTW, I own a Featherlite and I LOVE it just as much as the previous poster LOVES her Silverstar! Have fun "hunting" for the perfect trailer.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-21 7:53 AM (#24102 - in reply to #24079)

Extreme Veteran

Ditto on what Gemm said. You need to just start looking at trailers and seeing what will fit your needs best and what perks one trailer has over another. Go to some horse shows or rodeos and see what other people are hauling. Ask them what they think of their trailers. Horse people not only love to talk about their horses but will go on about their trailers too. I've always had trailers with wood floors and just bought an all alumy so we'll see what I think of the aluminum floor. I've never had a problem with wood floors. I bought an Exiss XT Event and am loving it so far.

Good luck!

2TGS
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-21 8:10 AM (#24103 - in reply to #24079)
Subject: RE: Need Advice! Aluminum trailer brands ...

New User

Thanks everyone for the notes!  Very helpful ... keep'em coming!
Trailer guy
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-04-21 10:08 AM (#24105 - in reply to #24079)

Please PM me about a trailer That I have I think will work for you!!
2TGS
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-21 11:53 AM (#24111 - in reply to #24105)

New User

Hello ... I am not sure how to email you ... but you can email me information at twotgloryseeker@yahoo.com if you'd like.  Thank you.
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-26 8:12 AM (#24312 - in reply to #24079)

Veteran

we have a Merhow all aluminum (floor also)trailer. We love it, it pulls like a dream. I'm even pulling it went solo for the first time last Friday, very proud of myself. Have fun looking, hope you find just what your looking for.
Happy Safe trials
Shari
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World