'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
vinyl flooring installation Q's

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-14 7:35 PM
5 replies, 3951 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-13 6:01 PM (#23805)
Subject: vinyl flooring installation Q's

Veteran

Hi, I've never installed vinyl flooring so I have some questions.

1.  Should I do perimeter glue in or full sheet glue in?  I suspect full sheet, but would love to get away with perimeter.

2.  Any quick and dirty solutions for not having a heavy roller on hand?  I will rent one if I need to.

3.  Are there any recommended vinyl cove bases that work well for trailers?  We will kick and scuff and bang ours up enough that wood base trim may not hold up so well...  Our slide in camper sure shows the wear.

I am looking at using a ToughGuard vinyl by Armstrong.  Glue it with standard vinyl sheet glue, and I plan to use an enamel primer on the subfloor to seal it first.  Please let me know if this is wrong for a trailer install!  I will start this part of the project next week, as this weekend we're goin' camping and riding.

Thanks!!!!!!

Michelle

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-04-14 10:09 AM (#23831 - in reply to #23805)
Subject: RE: vinyl flooring installation Q's

Expert

Should I do perimeter glue in or full sheet glue in?

I don't know about the rest, but when we were looking at some vinyl flooring for the laundry room it tells you on the packaging weither it is a perimeter glue only or not.  Some floors are made to just be glued around the edges and some have to be completely glued down.  I don't know what the difference is.  Call a flooring store and ask them, they should know.

jackel440
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-14 10:27 AM (#23834 - in reply to #23805)

do what ever the packaging instructions say to get the best performance of the product you choose.as for a roller you can use a rolling pin out of the kitchen ,or I have used a 2x4 wrapped with towels about 2 ft. long and worked the bubble out on my n-laws pet grooming shop.which was 15'x30' and she hasn't had a bubble yet.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-14 3:37 PM (#23849 - in reply to #23805)

Extreme Veteran

Have you looked into laminate wood flooring? I have seen it in many of the newer LQ trailers and wow is it nice! We have some, okay alot, in our house and my husband installed it himself and it went in quickly and easily. We used the kind that didn't require glue. It has held up very well in a high traffic area. Just an idea for you in your LQ area. All this time and effort you are putting into your trailer, might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-04-14 5:52 PM (#23860 - in reply to #23849)

Expert

We've got some that looks like tile and I want to put the left over stuff in the trailer.  It is the snap together type do you think it will hold?  I was thinking of glueing it just in case.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-14 7:35 PM (#23864 - in reply to #23831)

Expert

Originally written by Terri on 2005-04-14 11:09 PM

Should I do perimeter glue in or full sheet glue in?

I don't know about the rest, but when we were looking at some vinyl flooring for the laundry room it tells you on the packaging weither it is a perimeter glue only or not.  Some floors are made to just be glued around the edges and some have to be completely glued down.  I don't know what the difference is.  Call a flooring store and ask them, they should know.

The stuff that is perimeter fastened, shrinks when it's unrolled and layed flat. 

A trailer is an interesting application.  I wonder how the movement of the trailer floor in transport effects the covering.   You might ask a LQ builder that question before deciding on a flooring type.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)